Louisiana-New Orleans

HELP!!! Venue suggestions!

I am an OOT bride palnning on getting married in N.O., but I have been having trouble finding reasonably priced venues. Does anyone have any suggestions? I plan on traveling to New Orleans in Nov. to look at different venues. Any suggestions would help! I also would like an outdoor ceremony.

Re: HELP!!! Venue suggestions!

• edited December 2011
    One place that my fiance and I found that was reasonably priced on the hunt was the Board of Trade!!  We are using Muriels, which is a bit pricey, but since we are getting married outside in Jackson Square, they are also providing us with a room to use for the ceremony in case of inclement weather- which was worth it!!If you had ever even thought about using a wedding coordinator, this is where one could help greatly.  I used a referral from this blog named Emily Sullivan from Get Polished.  Most wedding coordinators know all of the local places, prices and where to score a deal!
  • edited December 2011
    Columns Hotel has good prices and a large front yard to have the ceremony. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Elms Mansion. Its uptown and has a large outdoor area. I really liked it because it had an old New Orleans feel. I felt like it was reasonably priced for a Saturday night.
  • meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE had ours at Broussard's in the quarter in their courtyard, it was beautiful. I think that pricey is different for each person but I thought I would share where we had ours b/c I loved it, but Baord of Trade is another beautiful one too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • marleemillermarleemiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Gallier Hall on St. Charles Ave. in the CBD (www.gallerhall.com). Its a beautiful Greek revival building. Its owned by the city so it isn't that expensive to rent out (like around $2,500 for the entire 1st floor) but you will have to rent all the tables and chairs and what not... you could rent those things through your caterer which might be cheaper than renting them through Galllier Hall. Gallier Hall does not have in-house catering so you will have to find a caterer.
  • edited December 2011
    i would recommend Southern Oaks Plantation. It is absolutely gorgeous and you get married on the front porch outside, it is stunning. Their staff is so on top of every little thing so you dont have to worry about hiring a coordinator. Feel free to check out my pics in the link below and/or email me if you want more info
  • edited December 2011
    you can also email the visitors burea and they will send you info on a lot of places and help you book hotels etc.  They are also good at giving you free brochures for save the dates or out of town bags.  and it's all free!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Southern Oaks right now looks like the best option for 300 ppl. Gallier Hall I am also checking into today as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Keep the suggestions coming!
  • becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our ceremony & reception at City Park - Pavilion of Two Sisters. If I remember correctly, I think their packages start around $46/person.
  • edited December 2011
    becker.amanda- Have you ever had problems contacting them? I have been calling since last month and no one has returned my calls regarding a reception. When I do talk to someone they don't know any pricing as far as catering is concered!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi yzzil2004, I haven't had any problems. My contact over there is April. Her direct # is (504) 483-9465. Also, I just found the original email with pricing that I got from City Park so I can send that to you if you give me your email address.
  • edited December 2011
    lizandray@yahoo.com. Thanks!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Tracey325- What were the ceremony rain plans for Southern Oaks?
  • edited December 2011
    Are you still looking for a venue? I've got information on and pictures of tons of places downtown and in the Quarter. I also have pictures of quite a few... I think I gathered information from almost EVERY place available near the Quarter. lol If you're interested please let me know. My email is emdw32010@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards