Louisiana-New Orleans

Race & Religious end time?

Hi people, I'm wondering if anyone has been married or gone to a wedding at Race & Religious, and if so, what time the event had to end? I love the place and am looking into it for a Friday wedding (their Saturdays are booked thru 2012), but was just informed via my fiance, who's been in touch with the R&R rep, that we'd have to wrap things up by 11pm so they can clean up for the next day's wedding. That doesn't seem right, if we're paying the same price as a Saturday wedding. So before I call her and try to negotiate, I'd like to know how late they let Saturday weddings go. Anybody got some info? Thanks much!

Re: Race & Religious end time?

• I think it depends, because they have two rental rates, one for the day of where you get ten hours of time (probably 11-11), and another more expensive option where you get the whole weekend (and if I recall it wasn't even that much more). I imagine that Saturdays have more leaway since I don't believe they do Sunday weddings there.  I would think you could negotiate, there is definitely no harm in trying!  I could have sworn, however, that she told me they are fully booked for 2012 except a couple of dates in July and August, when it will be so hot....because I was looking for a Friday also.  I may not be remembering that right, however, so good luck!!  It is so beautiful there; I really hope to attend a wedding there someday!  Wish I could be more help....
  • Ive been looking into this venue as well and I was so upset to see that their availbility is booked through 2012 - basically there was no weekend open until next February! We dont want to wait that long to get married. We just got engaged two weeks ago - I didnt realize how fast places book.
  • Does anyone know how much it costs there? Ive been trying to get in touch with them but I'm getting no response. Just curious
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards