Louisiana-New Orleans

Bachelorette Party

Hi all,
    I am helping to plan a bachelorette party for a friend over Memorial Day weekend.  We will all be coming in from out of town so no one is overly familiar with the area.  We are wanting to take the bride out to dinner that Saturday night and I was wondering if anyone could give some recs for fun and fairly inexpensive restaurants.  We are open to any types of food.  TIA!

Re: Bachelorette Party

• edited December 2011
    will you be staying downtown in the French Quarter?
    Some really casual places that could work are Port of Call or Acme Oyster House- Port of Call has the best burgers ever and very dangerous drinks called monsoons! It is a fun time but very crowded and usually has a wait. But if you get a drink while you wait it is worth it!
    Some slightly nicer places that are probably not too expensive are Nola and Bacco's.
  • AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try Bubba Gumps or Masperos on Decatur, the Gumbo Shop on St. Peter, or Deanies on Iberville.  (Deanie's is aliitle more expensive than the others, but still casual and very good.)  Take a look at this website:  http://www.nomenu.com/open/index.html#French Quarter

It has a list of all open restaurants in the city, organized by neighborhood.  You can also organize by cuisine if you're looking for a certain type of food.
  • astaseastase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend getting a condo or corporate apartment with a balcony in the quarter.  You could walk and eat at the Gumbo Shoppe, which is cheap and delicious.  Then, boogie it up at Razoo's, sing at Cat's Meow, and grind the rest of the night away at the Gold Mine...don't forget a flaming Dr. Pepper at the Gold Mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards