Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

HELP!! 8 WEEKS TO FIND NEW CEREMONY LOCATION

I really, really need your help.  My ceremony location may have hit a snafu- long story, and its my partially my fault.  I will know next week, but I have no time to wait.  I need a place within the Quarter (or walkable) that can hold 150 guests.  We are Episcopal/Methodist, but we don't need a church or anything like that.  Just need something fast and cheap- as I don't think I will be getting my deposit back before I have to book a new place.

Re: HELP!! 8 WEEKS TO FIND NEW CEREMONY LOCATION

• Options
    edited December 2011

You may want to try the Beauregard-Keyes house.  Go to www.bkhouse.org. I almost had my ceremony there, but they were closed on my date because it was Thanksgiving weekend and they are actually a museum.  They were only going to charge something like $250 for the ceremony. It may be more with a larger guest list.  It has what looks like a beautiful courtyard.
    You may also want to check the Mason Montegut House (917) 282-8988.  I think you need to have  a reception there if you are having a ceremony.  I would last minute check at some hotels.   Most hotels want you to have the reception there too but at this point, if they aren't booked 8 weeks out then there is no way they will book a large reception.  They may be flexible with you.  Try Royal Sonesta, St. Louis, Borboun Orleans, etc.

Good luck!  I'm sure it will work out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey bud! I know you're having your reception at Muriel's... could they do anything for you ceremony-wise? I think that'd be gorgeous! And since you're already having your reception there, wouldn't it be cheaper than going to another vendor? Or did you have your heart set on an outdoor ceremony?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ekk, best of luck there!  I have a few suggestions... I hope they help!

Plimsoll Club-  This is on a top floor of the WTC right across from Harriah's.  Their prices are awesome, the food is spectacular, and the view of the city is breath taking.  The coordinator there is Pam and she is just wonderful, tell her your issue and if she can she will do anything to help you out.

Bourbon Orleans-  They might be booked but it is worth a try.  The wedding coordination is ready and willing to negotiate and the hotel is very nice.  The prices are very reasonable too.

Chateau Bourbon-  I love this place!  The hotel used to be known as the Chateau Sonesta, it is located on the corner of Canal and Iberville, it is right next door to the Ritz.  Their prices are reasonable and the hotel is really nice.  The coordinator is Molly and she is just plain awesome.

Musee' Conti-  This place is pretty cool.  The downstairs in a wax museum and they have a cool loft-type room upstairs for private parties.  The coordinator is Beth and you can find her e-mail address on the website.  Their prices are super reasonable.

Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World-  The Kern's built a place on the East Bank of the River that is really very nice.  The prices are great anf the interior decorating is beautiful and unique.

Mother's Next Door-  I've heard the prices are reasonable and hey... you can't go wrong with food from Mother's!

Smiley's-  I know a lot of people who have had receptions there and they were really happy.  The prices are great and the food is good too.

Hope this helped, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards