Louisiana-New Orleans

Lessons Learned

All I can say is that I had a bad makeup experience with Flawless Bride. Heather did not show up or call me the day of the wedding.

Re: Lessons Learned

• edited December 2011
    Brigette,  This is Heather.  If you want to put somthing on the world wide web....you need to make sure it is the WHOLE truth!!! First of all,  we have already explained to you the situation, but since you are being very unreasonable, and chose to put half truths on the internet... then I have no choice but to let everyone know the WHOLE truth, defend me, my company, and my staff of wonderful artist that took care of your wedding.  On the morning of your wedding, I was at the Roosevelt Hotel doing hair with my staff member Brittnie.  She was expecting a baby, but not due until the end of April.   On the morning of your wedding, while at our wedding, she had experienced a serious complication which caused her to go into preterm labor...she had to be rushed to the hospital and ended up having her baby( he is early but doing great, thank God).  But this medical emergency left me stuck taking care of the wedding by myself, and also scrambling to cover her later wedding.  Which was expained to you the morning it happened.  YES, it was a bad situation, but I sent you the best make-up artist in the area.  INCLUDING,  Ashley Malek, who has done make-up for film, runway, and weddings for years.  She is the most experienced artist on my staff, and was the person I choose to do my personal make-up for my own wedding. Also,  the fact that you are claiming you were an hour late is an OUT RIGHT LIE.  Your wedding was for 7:00 pm and you were completed by 4:15 pm....which is 15 minutes later then you had requested.  ALSO, you left out the fact, that since I felt so bably about the fact that I personally could not make it back in time to do your make-up....that I paid my artist out of pocket for your entire bridal parties make-up over $450.00 worth of services that were given to you free. All of your brides maids were extemely happy with thier make-up, according to my artist. You also told Ashley, that you loved your make-up, and that it was just as good or better then what I (Heather) had done, and you gave her a hug and said "THANK YOU, It is beautiful".   I know for a FACT, that you did recieve getting ready pictures as well as your formal pictures. Also, from talking to the other vendors, That NOTHING about your wedding was delayed due to the 15minutes.  I made sure this is accurate.  I know you are upset that I, Heather, did not personally do your make-up, but we called you, we made a bad situation work out for the best, you had make-up for you and your bridal party by the best, free of charge, and you had a wonderful wedding.  Next time you post something on the WWW.  Make sure you tell the WHOLE TRUTH.
  • edited December 2011
    I really am getting annoyed at the vendors coming on here and posting after creating fake knot accounts every time someone posts something unfavorable. Latrobes did the same thing this week. Heather, this is not the proper channel to object to a posting. You can report it to the administrator and request to have it taken down or respond to it, but do not create a fake profile for it.
  • edited December 2011
    Roteki,  please check again.  Heather used her name and did not create a "fake profile."  The Knot allows vendors to post a rebuttal when the facts are distorted. 
  • edited December 2011
    This is so dumb.  This isn't the first bad review of Flawless, or like its the first time her vendor friends have hopped on board. 
  • edited December 2011
    Well, when the vendor threatens to sue you, you realize it's just not that important. It's OK though, I remember every detail of that day and I know what happened. I'm moving on.
  • T trembellT trembell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brigette,
    I doubt anyone threatened to sue you.  Heather did my wedding in February and everything was beautiful.  She's the sweetest person I've ever met.  From what I read she didn't even charge you.  If anything you should be thanking her. Ashley did my brides maids' makeup and she is one of the best.  I would recommend Flawless Bride to any bride to be.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow another 1st time poster.  Your credibility is outstanding.  Every time there is even a questionable post about Heather this happens.  And you joined today?  Heather, go the right route to have it taken down, stop rounding up the posse. 
  • edited December 2011
    Tody, the rules are perfectly clear
    http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx

"Wedding professionals involved in a wedding-related enterprise cannot post any information on The Knot message boards, even if offering services free of charge."

and

"While we don't allow vendors to post on our message boards, if you are a wedding professional with a question about a post regarding your business; we may, in our sole discretion, post a statement submitted by you, on your behalf. Please email [email protected] for more information."

You DO NOT create a profile and respond. Those are the rules.

• edited December 2011

Roteki, 

Please post the entire rule, not just the part you like:

Please keep in mind that The Knot Message Boards are not to be used for posting complaints and defamatory comments about vendors. All defamatory posts are subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion. We are concerned that you be treated fairly and that other brides are warned of any bad apples in this business.You have the option of contacting the vendor directly, or if an official complaint is appropriate, you may contact the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org.

• edited December 2011
    Yeah...and? I posted the link to the entire set of rules and highlighted the parts that, contrary to your misinformed post, state very clearly that VENDORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST ON THE BOARD. They can not create accounts to rebut someone's review, they cannot post at all directly on the board. They can only contact the site administrator to take it down or post a response for them. Somewhere between their two versions probably lies the truth, but Bridgette was allowed to post, and Heather was not. 

Bridgette posted her version of what happened as a review of the services that were provided, That is what this board is about, sharing our experiences with vendors so others can make informed decisions. When it starts getting infiltrated by vendors who threaten people who post their opinions, people will lose confidence that they can write an honest review, good, bad or otherwise.  

Apparently this is not the first time there have been less then stellar review of this vendor in which very questionable replies followed. Several vendors have been caught red handed on here tooting their own horn by misrepresenting who they are. Something is very fishy about these brand new people who seem to come out to defend her, but regardless of that, she should not post directly. 

People come on here can make their own decisions as to whether they believe the account that was told or not, but in most cases, where there is smoke, there is fire, and this board needs to be an impartial exchange of ideas among brides and grooms to be in order for it to work. 
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, Roteki, rarely is it "impartial" when someone bashes a vendor.   What is infuriating is that some brides embellish their unfavorable posts and out-and-out lie about the facts.  I am sure this is the reason the Knot rules state to take it up with the vendor or the BBB.  It's just a matter of time before a bride who posts or The Knot is sued.       
  • edited December 2011
    To be honest, it is highly unlikely anyone will get sued. You want to go after someone for slander? You would need about three years of your time, and $10-20,000 to hire a lawyer, and only expect to win a miniscule amount of time. 

Opinions and belief are not slander, and that is what this is. She wrote her version of what happened.  The vendor would have to prove how she was damaged. There really is no way of proving that she was damaged by a poor review, embellished or not, especially when she admits she did not fulfill the contract for whatever reason.  

No, i do not think people should will-nilly post nasty comments about every vendor who looks at them the wrong way, but it sounds like a legitimate issue that other knotties would benefit from hearing about. 

My problem with this is the chilling effect the threat may have on people posting. Think of this board as form of journalism, and the posters reporters with the First Amendment Freedom of Speech backing them. 

God Bless America!
  • edited December 2011
    Amen Roteki! Get it girl! Ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    See grahase that actually is slanderous since I am, in fact, one of the few grooms on here. Can't let you ladies have all the fun planning the wedding!  Don't worry, I'm willing to settle out of court.  

;-)
  • edited December 2011
    I do benefit from reading postings on here (whenever life slows down enough to allow me to!) so I definitely value people's opinions but I do keep in mind that many times it is "fabricated" to one side.  Lets all just keep in mind that yes, it is our day but these are people's businesses and maybe things aren't AS bad as we think they are in the moment.  Plenty of us brides on here really need the truthful opinions and not people who just wants to be petty. This isn't directed at any certain situation but to them all. 
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for giving me a break, a lawsuit might put a damper on the wedding planning..so sorry Roteki! Happy Wedding Planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards