Louisiana-New Orleans

Fleur de Lis Event Center in Mandeville

Has anyone had their wedding here before? Planning one there soon? Would love to hear your thoughts...especially about the Jazz Room area!

Thanks!

Re: Fleur de Lis Event Center in Mandeville

• Didn't plan my wedding there, but I did go to a bridal show hosted there. The rooms are stunning, there is one that looks like a French Quarter courtyard, and the food was very good. We decided against it because we wanted outdoors, but it's a very nice place. A little hard to find at first because it's kind of tucked away near a strip mall, but not too bad. 

Keep in mind, Mandeville is about an hour's drive from New Orleans, and 30 minutes of that drive is across the Causeway (24-mile long bridge).
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never been before, but heard the venue is lovely.  Just keep in mind that sometimes they do book two weddings simultaneously in their separate spaces.  I don't know what that means in terms of your event, but just something to ask about.
  • Thanks everyone, I just got back from a visit there from the Chicago area. This place is definitely one of our top runner ups, but we decided on the Audubon Clubhouse instead.

A couple of notes about the place (and this is ONLY if you are super super picky)! The entrance a location of the venue is a bit weird. It is behind a chinese restaurant in a strip mall and right by a DMV place. It was difficult getting into a parking spot from the DMV traffic, and the place was very hidden. If you want a "grand entrance" for your guests, this would NOT be the place for you.

The courtyards for ceremonies are BEAUTIFUL, however they face the highway and the chinese restaurant. You can hear the highway noise, a lot, and you can smell the chinese food...a lot. I would say constantly have soft background music playing EVEN while you are saying your vows!

The place is awesome inside! Again, it is our top runner up! There were only two things inside that I didn't care for. The first was the lower ceiling in the Jazz room. The dance floor area is fantastic, but the seating area had really LOW ceilings. THe other was that since this is an old theatre there are a lot of "slopes" in the floor. I think this is from being a theatre, and some from how the new floors have been laid.

Last comment....work with them on the lights! Both rooms were really dark when we saw them so make sure your have the perfect lighting you want. It shouldn't be too bright, but you don't want it to feel like a night club either.

Overall, GREAT Place to host ANY KIND of event!
  • Go to Google Places & Yelp to read more reviews.  I had a very detailed review posted but the owner keeps making them disappear.  What's the point of writing reviews if the owner can have them removed?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards