Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Good photographer for $1,500 - help!

It seems as though you need to pay over $2,000 to get guarenteed great photography, but does anyone know of a photographer around the $1,500 mark that is great as well? We only need about 5 hours of service, and 1 to 2 locations. Any ideas??

Re: Good photographer for $1,500 - help!

• Options
    kd102309kd102309 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://bienvenuphotography.blogspot.com/
    Here's a great photog.  He did our engagements! Not sure of the price but you can contact him from the blog.
    hth!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.photographyshoppe.net/

My good friends used them and the pics were great!
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sanra O'Claire, and the package I bought was $1,500. I've heard really good things about her.
  • Options
    EricaLauren4EricaLauren4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you everyone!

HeyGualdoni - I will definitely be following up, because that is my desired style as well!

mromag1 - Photography Shoppe looks great as well! Has anyone else used them?

Anyone have any other affordable&quality suggestions?
  • Options
    EricaLauren4EricaLauren4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rturansky - i looked at the eau claire website, and her pictures are gorgeous! i am definitely inquiring, but i have to ask: many other bloggers say she is more high end. how did you get such a great price??
  • Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She has a great small wedding package! She is super sweet as well. Since we are having a smaller (100 ppl) wedding she offered the lower price. Honestly I would pay a lot more for her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with a planner, so she's the one who got me that deal. I'm also having a very small wedding, so maybe that had something to do with it? Her associate, Sam, will actually be doing our engagement pics in September (for $250), but Sandra will be shooting the wedding itself.
  • Options
    eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer starts at $2000, but you might be able to figure something out. She's AMAZING. Jennfier Zdon. www.twirlphotography.com. If you want to see our pictures: http://www.twirlphotography.com/blog/?p=236.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer, Jennie Aleshire doesn't have a snazzy website but  she takes great photos, and I loved looking at her portfolio of weddings from start to finish.  So many pictures just took my breath away.  She moved down here a few months ago from New York, so she's still very reasonably priced.  I would definitely look into her, particularly if you want a photojournalistic style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Chris Genovese. He is 1995.00. I did find Michael Caswell, who is 1975 and Philip Colwart, who is 1695. I was only trying to spend 1500 as well but a friend reminded me that when the day is over and all the money is spent all you will have left is photos so a good photographer is worth the extra money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards