Louisiana-New Orleans

Brides affected by Hurricane Isaac

To my fellow NOLA brides who live down there, be safe during Hurricane Isaac! My prayers are with you!! 

I am a former resident of northeast  Louisiana and was still livng there when Katrina and Rita hit 7 years ago....I spent my 25th birthday sitting in the dark b/c of Rita! Although, this storm is not as powerful, my heart sinks when I see the weather reports. It's hard not to have flashbacks of those past storms and not to want to be there with my loved ones... I have many friends who live around there and a lot of family and friends who still live in northern LA.

Also, I hope none of your weddings will have to be postponed or anything because of  this either! Mine is in 31 days and I am praying that nothing gets damaged!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brides affected by Hurricane Isaac

• Yes, we are thinking of you local NOLA brides! More thoughts and prayers as the storm approaches you now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yep, ive been thinking about brides with weddings this weekend too! my wedding is in 3 short weeks and i know how much Isaac is stressing me out. I can only imagine if it were this weekend or next! hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, my venue took on a LOT of water and the whole downstairs is in shambles .... Wedding is in 55 days.... My parents are heading to the venue today to see what is going on and hopefully the owners are there to give them an idea of what we can expect.  Mr. Pants and I have decided that the wedding will go on no matter where it is --- as for the reception, well, that will be TBD --- maybe we will have a 1 year anniversary party ... we'll see .... lots of planning has gone into the day, and I surely will be bummed if it doesn't happen, but at the end of the day, if I'm the MRS. Pants, then all is well!!!

Fingers crossed that the venue is speedy in putting their place back together again!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_brides-affected-by-hurricane-isaac?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:4d33f574-cfbe-4455-8a81-1d8799d9a2a3Post:426d82a5-00df-4da9-a05d-ef4e594d9788">Re: Brides affected by Hurricane Isaac</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, my venue took on a LOT of water and the whole downstairs is in shambles .... Wedding is in 55 days.... My parents are heading to the venue today to see what is going on and hopefully the owners are there to give them an idea of what we can expect.  Mr. Pants and I have decided that the wedding will go on no matter where it is --- as for the reception, well, that will be TBD --- maybe we will have a 1 year anniversary party ... we'll see .... lots of planning has gone into the day, and I surely will be bummed if it doesn't happen, but at the end of the day, if I'm the MRS. Pants, then all is well!!! Fingers crossed that the venue is speedy in putting their place back together again!!!
    Posted by lostmyslipper[/QUOTE]

This wasn't The Lakehouse in Mandeville, was it? My fiance works there, and it took so much damage :(  Hope wherever it is it worked out for you!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_brides-affected-by-hurricane-isaac?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:4d33f574-cfbe-4455-8a81-1d8799d9a2a3Post:5b774ff6-a1ee-42f5-a065-c71b6c39e8f8">Re: Brides affected by Hurricane Isaac</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brides affected by Hurricane Isaac : This wasn't The Lakehouse in Mandeville, was it? My fiance works there, and it took so much damage :(  Hope wherever it is it worked out for you!!
    Posted by Brooke4377[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, it is the The Lakehouse!  I'm told the projected date for repair completion is Oct. 1! I am maintaining confidence in Sara and Cayman - I know they can pull it off!!!! :-)</div><div>If you know any info, please send me a private message!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_brides-affected-by-hurricane-isaac?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:4d33f574-cfbe-4455-8a81-1d8799d9a2a3Post:5b774ff6-a1ee-42f5-a065-c71b6c39e8f8">Re: Brides affected by Hurricane Isaac</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brides affected by Hurricane Isaac : This wasn't The Lakehouse in Mandeville, was it? My fiance works there, and it took so much damage :(  Hope wherever it is it worked out for you!!
    Posted by Brooke4377[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, it is the The Lakehouse!  I'm told the projected date for repair completion is Oct. 1! I am maintaining confidence in Sara and Cayman - I know they can pull it off!!!! :-)</div><div>If you know any info, please send me a private message!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards