Louisiana-New Orleans

Southern Oaks or English Turn???

My sister is planning a spring wedding and she is deciding between Southern Oaks and English Turn for an outdoor ceremony and then reception.  Any advice/recommendations/opinions?  We are meeting with both soon but I wanted to get as much info beforehand as possible.  I have been to several receptions at Southern Oaks but have never been to English Turn.  TIA!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "In a perfect world every home has a dog and every dog has a loving home." www.animalrescueneworleans.org Photobucket

Re: Southern Oaks or English Turn???

• I've never been to English Turn for a wedding but I'm sure it's beautiful.  I'm having my reception at Southern Oaks so of course I love it but I'm not having my ceremony there (I'm having it in a church in new orleans).  I have been to 2 outdoor ceremonies at Southern Oaks and other people may not have had a problem with this, but both times, they had a train go through nearby and they had to pause the ceremony until it had passed bc no one could hear anything.  It's really a beautiful place though and at night, the outside is absolutely spectacular but I wanted you to be aware of possibilities.
  • Both of these are beautiful locations.  However, one, in my opinion, is Superior.  That place is Southern Oaks.  They specialize in weddings and do them with excellence EVERY time.  I had my wedding there.  I have had 7 of my friends get married there.  And, I probably attended at least 10 events there.  I have never heard the train.  It's not to say that there was not a train.  There are tracks so I am sure that it passes.   But this very slight imperfection pretty much comes with having an outdoor ceremony.  I think that you should read the reviews of SOP.   It would be difficult to find any reviews that don't rave about every aspect of this place from start to finish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards