Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Hair & Makeup: Flawless Bride or Two Sisters?

Hey guys - I am from out of town and need your help!  I have heard great things about Just Face It but they are booked for my date. So what are your thoughts on Flawless Bride (it would be Lyndsey Hager not Heather, not sure if this makes a differnece) and Two Sisters??  Both are available but I haven't been able to find a whole lot of reviews.  Any help/feedback would be much appreciated!!!

Re: Hair & Makeup: Flawless Bride or Two Sisters?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is my review that I posted.

Two Sisters Hair & Makeup
    - A+

Gina and Stephanie made my family and I look so beautiful for my wedding day. We received so many compliments, and our hair and make-up lasted all night. My hair even still looked pretty good for breakfast the next day. They both were a pleasure to work with, and we enjoyed visiting with them while getting ready.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gina has done my hair before for Mardi Gras. She does a great job, and that's saying something since I have a lot of hair and I know it's a challenge. I would highly recommend her for your hair, but if you want to use her for your hair, and MOB, MOG, sisters', bridesmaids' hair as well... I would maybe hire her for your hair and ask her to bring backup so that she's not doing everyone's hair. I think it gets kind of hard and stressful after doing more than a few updo's, and I think it was asking too much of her to have her do my hair along with at least 5 others for Mardi Gras.

Also, my hair stayed up for the ~12 hour day of Mardi Gras events/ball/parade/etc without falling down or out at all. I had a similar updo out of town a few months later for a wedding, and the woman out of town used A TON of hairspray in my hair and TEASED the entire mass as she made my updo. It took half a bottle of cheap conditioner and 2 hours in the shower combing my hair out. It's completely different with Gina. Obviously you'll need a lot of hairspray and pins, etc. when you get an updo, but the "undoing" of it the next day when you have to comb it out and shower and everything is INFINITELY less painful and miserable and time-consuming, let me tell you. I didn't realize how good I had it with her until I got an updo from someone else.

Also, Gina will come to you at your hotel (obviously, for a fee... I think as long as you tip well and pay for her parking, you'll be fine), so you don't have to go to the salon in Metairie.

I don't know anything about Stephanie, so I can't give you a review on her, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, Kristen, you might want to change your username for security reasons... people can kind of find out too much about you on the internet, especially when you talk about locations, your name, your wedding date, etc...

The Knot doesn't let you change your username, you have to just sign up for a new one. But with all the identity theft, etc. these days, I'd suggest getting a new one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Flawless bride....they have done 4 of my girlfriends weddings and all I have heard is praise :) After hearing the reviews on 2 sisters sounds to me like you cant go wrong! Happy Planning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards