Louisiana-New Orleans

Questions to ask prospective florist

Hey gals

I'm meeting with a prospective florist for my wedding this evening, and it just dawned on me that I have NO CLUE what kinds of questions to ask her.  A florist is especially tough, because you don't really know what you're getting until the day of.  That said, any suggestions on things I need to ask before I pay a deposit?

Thanks!

Re: Questions to ask prospective florist

• RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm meeting with potential florists next week.  I'm bringing pictures of the kind of bouquets and centerpieces I'd like, and pictures of the dresses my bridesmaids and myself will be wearing.  We'll be meeting at our venue so they see the space we'll be using and the table/room set-up.  I'd also ask in advance for photos of samples of their work.

And I do think you should know what you're getting before the day of-- that's why you should ask for samples, and show samples of what you want.  Then when you agree, make sure the flowers and colors are specified in the contract.  It would be reasonable if necessary replacements are used due to seasons and availability but they should be fairly similar.

Besides the final product, I would also ask about logistics-- how many hours before the wedding will they show up?  Is there a delivery and/or set-up fee?  Do they do break down (if any is needed)?

Good luck!

• silverspark7silverspark7 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice!  My meeting turned out great and I ended up finding my florist.  Check one off the list!
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    THIS HELPED ME AS WELL!!! 

• RYLZRYLZ member
    edited December 2011

Glad I could help, Brianna :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board