Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

wedding favors

Any ideas for wedding favors? Since I am getting married in New Orleans, I would like to honor the location, but I'm coming up short with ideas.

Re: wedding favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mini king cakes, pralines, chocolate fluer de lis.  I am doing Louisiana stone ground grits in mason jars with the recipe for shrimp and grits tied to the top.  We are serving shrimp and grits for one of our entrees at the reception at Muriels, and this is a lot of our guests first trip to NOLA!
  • Options
    slappy985slappy985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    one wedding I went to gave out fleur di lis cookie cutters.  I have used mine over ad over again.  esp the last few weeks with the saints winning many trophies.
  • Options
    rguitartrguitart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In addition to the great suggestions already made, you can get miniature Tabasco bottles, plain or with a design of your choice on the back.

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are doing koozie's. They really aren't NOLA, but tons of NOLA people drink! :) Seems like they are always used down here.

• Options
    meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

we did "to go cups" since you can bring your drinks on the street we did plastic cups and all of our guests kept them and still use them as well as took their drinks out with them afterthe reception!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure that we are going to do Hubig's pies, Zaps Potato Chips and Community Coffee in bags. All three are very New Orleans.

Our friends did fleur de lis mardi gras beads, and i still have mine hanging from my rearview mirror.  Fleur de lis cookie cutters or wine stoppers are good ideas too, but I usually like things I can eat.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We decided to go with frosted fleur de lis tea light holders, custom matches, and some pralines.

http://www.favorsnbridal.com/20097sv-fleur-de-lis-frosted-glass-tea-light-holder-favors-set-4.html
  • Options
    hjgreenhjgreen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @mags0607
    Have you found someplace that will do bulk bags of community coffee?  I was looking for them, but haven't found someplace to purchase.  Any advice would be appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards