Louisiana-New Orleans

non-religious ceremony officiant

We are getting married in Nola next year and I was wondering if anyone can recommend an officiant for a non-religious ceremony.  We were both raised Catholic but  don't want a religious ceremony. We are hoping for a short but sweet ceremony.

Re: non-religious ceremony officiant

• edited December 2011
    Two options: Judge Mary KK Norman (just Google her she is all over the place) and Rev John Zimmer. (504-834-6544).  Rev Zimmer, not even sure what he is a Rev of, but we are using him and he asked if we wanted a religious or non-religious ceremony.  They both handle what seems to be the majority of the destination weddings!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Charles Cross - he was kind of old school, but he was punctual, easy to get in contact with, flexible, & accomodating.  His website is neworleansmarriage.com.  We weren't interested in a religious ceremony either, and he gave us copies of all the different scripts he uses and I was able to customize the things I did and didn't want.  He had a lot of different formats, and he gave a very nice military discount. 
  • edited December 2011
    We used Judge Mary "KK" Norman and she was awesome!! Very spunky, and fun...our ceremony was fabulous!

http://www.orleanscdc.com/fccsecd1.shtm
  • ln1919ln1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband's sister got ordained through the internet and she was our officiant.  She had to fill out some paper work and send it to the state of Louisiana and sign some things when she got there, but overall the process was pretty easy.  It was awesome have her do that for us, it was one of my favorite parts about the wedding.  Just an option to think about.....
  • kwasikkwasik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to all! Sorry I didn't respond back sooner! Holidays + Crazy work schedule to blame.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards