Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Musicians for Ceremony/Cocktail Hour!

I am trying to come up with something different for our ceremony and cocktail hour music.  I have contacted several different musicians, but all seem to be more violin or harp based. I wouldn;t mind having 1-2 musicians for the ceremony and then add another for the cocktail hour (something a bit more upbeat). Please let me know if anyone is using or has used something different.

Thanks so much for any help!!!!

Re: Musicians for Ceremony/Cocktail Hour!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try contacting Harry Hardin with New Orleans Finest Musicians. They offer strings, harp, etc also, but I believe they have a guitar player and some other instruments. He is very friendly and has given me a lot of ideas. I bet he could help you. They have a website too, which is informative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will definitely look into that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second New Orleans Finest Musicians.  We used them for our ceremony.  We wanted jazz music for pre-ceremony while guests arrived and classical music for the processional songs. I think we ended up with a trio of violin, trumpet, and guitar.  They sounded great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I really want both string and brass instruments so that sounds perfect  Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Pan String was fantastic.  The guests loved them and they were affordable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards