Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Muriel's

I know there are several brides recently  that have had their receptions at Muriels.  Would you mind sharing your food selections?  My daughter is having a reception there this summer  and we are deciding on two different packages.  Thanks so much. 

Re: Muriel's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the cheese and fruit display, and for entrees we did Cajun Fried Turkey, Etoufee, Jambalya and we added the shrimp and grits station! 
    They also did our cakes (cupcake tower and grooms cake) so we hit the minimum!
    The put out so much more food though- tons of apps, mini desserts, coffee station.
    It was incredible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thanks for sharing.  You have been so helpful on all your posts.  We are from Alabama too!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  We had our wedding ceremony and reception on the 2nd floor of Muriel's a few weeks ago (vendor reviews to follow in the next week or two), and it was absolutely fabulous!!  Everyone raved about the food.  Diane there was awesome, so I know you'll have a wonderful event.  We ended up having about 140 people, so we were able to pimp out the food and drinks to get to the food/bev minimum. 

We did the middle package with fruit/cheese/veggies, seafood pirogue, steamship round of beef, chicken entree, pasta primavera entree, scalloped potato side, grilled veggies side, and coffee station.  We added the crawfish and goat cheese crepe action station, which was a HUGE hit!  We had 4 hours d'vours - basil and proscutto puffs, beef won tons, crab cakes and veggie egg rolls.  We didn't do the desserts, because we had a cake from Sucre and Hubig's pies.  We also upgraded the liquor to the premium level, so we got better liquor, beer and wine selections.

While I did not get to eat everything there, people keep telling us that it was the best wedding food they've had, so it all must have been good.  We wouldn't change a thing.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

phillyd, where did y'all actually hold the ceremony?  I love Muriel's for our reception but I haven't been to the venue in years to remember where the setup would take place.  We're hoping to have about 100-125 guests at our wedding.  Will we all fit?? 

I live in Vegas now but I'm planning to meet with Emily Kind-Rubin at the end of the month for a site visit and to discuss their packages. 

What are the F&B minimums on Saturday nights?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards