Louisiana-New Orleans

JACKSON SQUARE Knotties..Can I see your BIOS?

Hi there,
Sitting at work today, I had few ideas about the possiblity of marrying in Jackson Square. If i can see your bios and plans you have for your wedding, that would be great. Its kind of tough planning things in my head from florida..

Married knotties...would love to see your bios too.

TIA

Re: JACKSON SQUARE Knotties..Can I see your BIOS?

• edited December 2011
    Hey there!!  This is shaping up to be the longest post ever.  I am so not technically savvy, and have never made a bio, but wanted to let you know that I am getting married in Jackson Square on March 13th.  There are most definitely some rules there though that made me wonder if we should...but when all said and done- I am SO excited!  Here is a link to a picture I found that we are setting up in the same way:
    http://www.michaelcaswell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/4o2f0266.jpg
    Jackson Square can be reserved for $50.  Then, 2 months later, you owe the $350 fee.  Then, about 1 month before your wedding you send in a $200 trash/litter deposit (they do not cash it, just hold it in case you destory the place).  I thought it was reasonable.
    You can only have 200 guests standing or 100 chairs set up.  My planner said you may be able to push it to a few more (115), but they do have people now watching the park.  Not in a creepy way, but just making sure everything is going well.
    During October-March Daylight Savings Time, you have to be out of the park by 5pm.  Chairs broken down, people out, trash picked up and gone.  March-October (spring forward time or whatever) you have to be out by 6pm.
    We are going to second line it aroundthe Square and Cathedral and have our reception at Muriels!  I would be happy to send you the contracts for the Square for you to see if you would like!
  • Aston MartinAston Martin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hughe0406,

That would be awesome if you could. The picture is AMAZING and definatly something that I would love to have. The reservation fee is reasonable but we may have less than 50 people. If so, we may elope and send elopement announcements (lol). If you could send the information to my email addy thatgirl365@gmail.com, that woud be a BIG help.
    I'm wondering if we deciede to do a JOP in the square, would the price be different?

TIA for the information :)

• misslizz2misslizz2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hughe046: What you described for your wedding (Jackson Sq./Muriels) sounds awesome. I would love to be able to do the same. Wondering about a few things: 1) Are the chairs provided as a part of the fee to Jackson Sq.?  2)What about ceremony music?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards