Louisiana-New Orleans

Vendor Reviews 11-5-11 Wedding

My daughter had a destination wedding for about 125 people, all OOT.
She lives on the east coast, and her job didn't leave her much planning time, so she gave me the big picture asked me to take on the details. I found the reviews on this board very helpful, so I hope this helps some new brides to be.
PS- it was all so much fun! My daughter and SIL were beaming the entire weekend. My daughter says they're still beaming.. how great is that?

Planner: Unique Weddings in New Orleans - A+++
Wow, wow, wow. From venue search to the last minute of the reception, in 10 months of planning, we had NO STRESS. Brittani Adams is amazing. The vendors all loved working with her - she's such a professional. Best decision we made. Can't recommend her highly enough! If you're considering using a planner, call her!

Church: Our Lady of Guadalupe - A+
Fr. Tony helps make your ceremony what it should be - a joyful event. He's the sweetest man, and made the ceremony lovely and personal.

Church Musician: Roberto Matthews A+
Roberto plays organ and piano, has a gorgeous voice, is professional and responsive

2nd Line Band: Coolbone Brass Band A+
Steve Johnson from the band also played trumpet at the ceremony. Band was ready and waiting at the church 30 minutes early, and rocked us all the way to the reception. The guests loved every minute of it.

Reception: Omni Royal Orleans Garden Terrace A+++
Celeste Myers, the catering manager, is a dream to work with. Staff at the Omni was so attentive. Food was soooo good. Totally outstanding experience. The Garden Terrace is a perfect combo of indoor and outdoor space for 100-150 people.

Band: The Mixed Nuts A+
So much fun! Loved them! Everyone from the teenagers to the grannies was out there dancing 'til the last song.

Photographers: Dark Roux A+
Jamie & Heather are terrific. The engagement pictures were so beautiful, and I'm sure the wedding ones will be too (may be up tomorrow - fingers crossed!)

Florist: Christina O'Malley A+
Beautiful bouquets and arrangements! Christina doesn't always get back to you instantly, but don't worry, she'll come through beautifully (and her prices are great)

Candles: Luminious Events A+
Lisa made the courtyard look magical, and she's super organized

Linens: Elegant Linens - A
Chair covers & sashes only (used the Omni's tablecloths)

Groom's Cake: Haydel's - C
The people at Haydel's were really helpful, and the tasting was delicious, but the cake at the reception was soooo dry (tho it looked good!). Thank goodness we had bananas foster instead of bride's cake!

Hair & Makeup - Flawless Bride - A
Everyone was really pleased with their hair and makeup. They did a great job, on time, professional

Spa: Kinetix - A
For mani/pedis. Right in the quarter, lovely space upstairs, affordable. They serve champagne & mimosas, you can bring in your own food.

Transportation: A Confidential - A
On time, shuttled between the hotel and church and reception like clockwork.

Welcome Party: Royal House - A
Great location, beautiful upstairs room with a wrap-around balcony. Couldn't get the guests to leave at the end of the party!

Hotel Room Blocks:
Omni Royal Orleans
Hotel Monteleone
Holiday Inn French Quarter

Re: Vendor Reviews 11-5-11 Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Wow. Sounds fabulous! Congratulations!!

:)
  • edited December 2011
    I follow Dark Roux since they were our photographers, and I just saw the blog they posted on your daughters wedding. (I figured it's her since it's the same venues.) It looks like y'all had a blast. I love the groom's face for the first look and the cake cutting! Congrats to your daughter and her new husband...and to you for your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I'm so glad everything went so well.  Read your post with a strong sense of recognition.  My daughter is also living on the east coast (Manhatten), has no time to plan, and is having her destination wedding in March.  We're also working with Brittany with Unique Weddings and have been really pleased.  So glad to read your review.  
  • edited December 2011
    I also follow Dark Roux - They are doing our wedding in March. The wedding looked fantastic and looked like so much fun! I hope mine is just as great as her's. And she was just beautiful! Congratulations!

And thanks for the reviews - I am also using Christina O'Malley for flowers based on reviews here on the knot. 
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Who at Flawless bride did you all have?
  • Fr. Tony is wonderful!! I am getting married at Our Lady of Guadeloupe in November and we have been so pleased working with him thus far!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards