Ohio-Columbus

Hotel Blocks- Clintonville Area

I have contacted quite a few hotels to get info and haven't loved anything yet. FH doesn't want to do downtown for our guests, he thinks it will be a headache. 

Looking for:
1. Nice hotel- Rooms around $100/night
2. Hotel bar
3. Shuttle- complimentary or for a fee
4. Nice sized rooms to get ready in. 

Reception is at CWC next to the Park of Roses. Something within a few miles of there would be ideal. 

Reviews of the ones I have contacted:
Hyatt on Capitol- outrageously expensive and not at all accommodating
Crowne Plaza- no availability
Double Tree Downtown- very reasonable and accommodating (if FH wasn't opposed to downtown), they negotiate too and will comp parking (make sure you ask!) and ask for a complimentary suite too
Renaissance- reasonable but expensive valet-only parking, they will negotiate on price though a bit and will comp a room for B&G if you specifically ask.
Blackwell- no complimentary suite for B&G, must pay to valet-park and rooms were $119. just not as good as the others
Holiday Inn Express Olentangy- might end up working. Only con is no bar. Free shuttle though and brand new, rooms are nice and large
Fairfield on Olentangy- tiny tiny tiny rooms! No way they are going to work for us to get ready in. 

Remember to always negotiate ladies!! 
Anniversary

Re: Hotel Blocks- Clintonville Area

• edited December 2011
    There is a new Hyatt Place opening in the Grandview area or closer would be OSU area or North on 23 right past 270 a bunch of hotels.
    Holly Loves AVON
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Holly, do you mean 670? Any idea on the name?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Our reception is in that area too, but I've only tried calling the Holiday Inn Express on Olentangy.  We're getting married on OSU/Wisconsin game day (@ OSU, no less) and they were still willing and able to do a block of 20 rooms at a discounted rate (higher than any other weekend, but cheaper than if someone just wanted to book an individual room).  They offer a shuttle within 2 miles, which I really liked, and they just seemed really easy to work with.  I haven't actually seen the place (I live OOT) but I like them so far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Hyatt Place OSU (The new one in Grandview). Our blocks were $119 a night (pretty comparable to the other proposals). They have free parking and are attached to or right next to the new Buckeye HOF Cafe. We are getting married Race for the Cure weekend so prices were a bit higher as it was, but we found them pretty reasonable. They also have a cafe and complimentary breakfast. 
  • edited December 2011
    I drive by there everyday to work, I will check.  No, 270 and 23.  The Hyatt Place is opening at the Grandview Yard at Olentangy and near 670.
    Holly Loves AVON
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to check out some of the hotels north on high street... I think it is technically considered worthington in that area just past 270. That wouldn't be too far, and would just be a few miles up high street. They were listed on a preferred vendors list my reception place gave me and I think they were 100 or less per night. There are also a lot of restaurants in the area so thats always a plus!
  • csh96csh96 member
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP.  I got a block of rooms in that area off 23/270 with Towne Place Suites.  The discounted rate was around $69 for a regular studio room.  I'm sure it's different depending on the weekend and their current availability.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Okay... I just found that list and the ones I remembered being listed were Doubletree Hotel Columbus/Worthington/$69-119/shuttle and Hyatt Place Worthington/$79-139/shuttle. I did not call these places.... but this is just what my list says:)
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards