Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Reception Venue w/ great food and Rm for 250

I wrote earlier about having my reception at English Turn. That's gonna be a no go. Its way too far out of the way for my guests and my party to travel. I've looked at Pavilion of the Two Sisters, The Tea Room, Club XLIV, and Mardi Gras World. And for either money, or space reasons we had to pass on them all. Im really wanting to book my venue ASAP and I have no idea where else to go. OH YEAH! Am I overlooking anything? 

An additional detail: my family are very much meat and potatoes kinda people. So the fancy smancy food is nice, but may not go over well. hehehe : ) 

Thanks guys! Wink

Re: Reception Venue w/ great food and Rm for 250

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception was at the Musee Conti Wax Museum, and we absolutely loved it!  Beth was amazing to work with.  Everything was above and beyond our expectations.  It might be a tight squeeze for 250 guests, but it may be worth looking into.  The price wasn't nearly as high as most other places we looked at.  Plus you choose which caterer you want to use.  We used Capdeboscq Catering and were extremely pleased.

Some other places we were looking into were Pat O's on the River and the Riverview Room.  Both are in the JAX Brewery and have a beautiful view.  Plus just about every hotel has space for receptions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking into the Wax and Pat O's also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just visited the Conti Wax Museum and I think your over their max for seated dinner.  An event of your size would easily fit in the ballrooms of the Royal Sonesta, Omni and the Bourbon Orleans.  We've visited all three recently and are going with the Bourbon Orleans.  They all have set menus but all seemed flexible about making changes.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am using The Federal Ballroom which I think is gorgeous and it has a big space. You can use any caterer but I am going with who they recommend which is Capdeboscq Catering. I went to a tasting and their food was delicious with so much to choose from!

• Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the New Orleans Board of Trade and am using Pigeon Caterers.  They have been great to work with and even with the venue fee, it is much less expensive than all of the hotels I looked at in the French Quarter.  I think the menus start at $60/person with call open bar.

I think the Federal Ballroom is a little small for 250 people, because of the columns.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at southport music hall. We had 250 guests as well. The food was awesome and the prices were amazing. However, its not a fancy wedding venue. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MsRichard83MsRichard83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Southern Oaks Plantation. They have everything in house and can host up to 350 I think. Their food is amazing, and they take all of the hassle out of the coordinating process.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_reception-venue-w-great-food-rm-250?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:9156fe77-0c70-460a-80fd-9348d23be154Post:06e21b6e-283f-4577-a01e-b1b621fee603">Re: Reception Venue w/ great food and Rm for 250</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at the New Orleans Board of Trade and am using Pigeon Caterers.  They have been great to work with and even with the venue fee, it is much less expensive than all of the hotels I looked at in the French Quarter.  I think the menus start at $60/person with call open bar. I think the Federal Ballroom is a little small for 250 people, because of the columns.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS.   Board of Trade is great. Plenty of space. Right downtown. And Pigeon Caterers works with them and they. are. fan. tastic. </div>
  • Options
    MaggieB83MaggieB83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at The Foundry and LOVED it - huge space, amazing food (my husband's entire family is from Missouri and very picky eaters!).  PM me for more details or pictures!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_reception-venue-w-great-food-rm-250?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:9156fe77-0c70-460a-80fd-9348d23be154Post:d0af7da7-f404-4442-b48a-d4e1d3d450c1">Re: Reception Venue w/ great food and Rm for 250</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reception Venue w/ great food and Rm for 250 : THIS.   Board of Trade is great. Plenty of space. Right downtown. And Pigeon Caterers works with them and they. are. fan. tastic. 
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

hi, I know you posted this a while ago, but I'm reeeeaaaally close to booking with BOT. Just wondering, were you married there? Everything go well? still happy thoughts with them? thanks so much!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards