Louisiana-New Orleans

Where did you buy your dress?

I'm sure this has been on here plenty of times, but I've weeded through searches long enough, lol!
So, where did you buy your dress? Where you happy with the experience (how they treated you, alterations, etc)? 
Also, would you mind sharing what price ranges were offered in the salons you visited? You don't have to get specific, just an idea would be great!
Thanks =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where did you buy your dress?

• janderson0004janderson0004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yvonne Lefleur's
  • cm10/10cm10/10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pearls Place.  Great experience buying the dress- they were very attentive- but I did go during the week.  I would never step foot in that place on a Saturday.  I haven't had my alterations yet.  Most of my BM's had ok experiences there.
    They have thousands of dresses.  I would guess they range from a couple hundred to several thousand dollars.  My dress was $600 (mori lee), sash was $400, and veil was $400.  It all arrived in less than a month when I was told 3-4.
  • themegtthemegt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Belles on Magazine. Best experience I had dress shopping by far.  They were having a sample sale that day that I didnt even know about and found a sample dress that I loved for around 1000 plus alterations.  They have sample sales often so call to find out if interested.  Have been happy with dress fittings so far. 
  • becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased mine at Bustles and Bows in Metairie - had a GREAT experience with them and would highly recommend. My dress was on the higher end of their price range but I think they range from $500 - $2500 or so. Also got my veil there the week of my wedding for $120 (didn't think I wanted one until 6 days before the wedding).

I also really enjoyed my dress shopping experience at Wedding Belles but their selection is more limited.
  • astaseastase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Pearl's Place.  They were able to order a dress I saw online, and get it in just for me to try on.  I ended up getting a different dress from that one though.
    Advice for Pearl's:  avoid Saturdays, have a price point in mind (they have range from hundreds to ten thousands), and get final alterations somewhere else if the complimentary alterations are lacking.
    Over all, a good experience, despite 3 rounds of alterations.
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Belles. They were wonderful and I agree with themegt, they have great trunk shows and sample sales. 
  • nola*bridenola*bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's Bridal.  I figured I would just give them a shot.  I was pleasantly surprised at the selection.  I had had a bad experience with their alterations dept when I was a b/m (a few years ago), but they were wonderful this time around.  I think it really depends on the consultant. Their price range is huge- a few hundred to a few thousand.
  • edited December 2011
    I am from the BR area, but I got my dress from Pearl's Place. I went during the week and had a very sweet lady who helped me find two wonderful dresses. I went in there only to look with a friend of mine because I didn't want to purchase anything until my mom and sisters gave me their opinions. She gave me her undivided attention and took the time to show me about 15-20 dresses. I never felt she was pushy and she even offered to help me with the price of one of the gowns I loved if I decided to go with that one.

It took almost the entire time (I ordered my dress in Sept. and it didn't come in until Dec) to arrive. When I went to pick it up, they were still friendly, but I thought it was strange that they didn't suggest to try it on again. I asked and they were very helpful.

They put me down for alterations at the end of July, but I think I'd rather pay to have them done somewhere else after I've heard a lot of things about alterations there. I just don't want to take a chance and am planning to take my bridals in May.

My only complaint is that they didn't offer suggestions on undergarments to wear and sale to me or a veil. I didn't think of it at the moment, but those are important things that are often purchased along with the dress.

Anyways, overall I am happy with their service. I do not suggest going on Saturday either. There was no where to park and they were BUSY!
  • edited December 2011
    Mimi on Magazine St.   I saw a picture of a dress I liked and Mimi was listed as the NOLA area retailer.  I called them and they were so nice and accommodating - they didn't have the sample but were able to get it pretty quickly and I made an appointment to try it on.  When I got there, I tried the dress and really liked it, but I'm not the jumping up and down sort of bride, so I wanted to think about it a bit more.  They were all so friendly, and didn't pressure me at all (which is different to the experiences I had at other shops).  I ended up coming back the next day and buying it. So far the dress has been my best experience of the whole wedding planning process.

I haven't done my fittings yet, so I don't know how they are with that.  But I did meet the alterations seamstress and saw examples of her work.  Also all of my alterations are included the cost of the dress (again, different to the other places I visited).  

I think they are on the higher end of the price range, but maybe they do sample sales/trunk shows etc.  http://www.miminola.com/

• Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Word to the wise about Pearls, Don't go on a holiday, ie, President or MLK Day, I thouhgt it would be a good idea and it was the olny day me and everyone else had off.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    Yvonne LaFleur's
    She doesn't have anything over $2000.00-alterations are included. Great service and great selection. Highly recommend.
  • AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Pearl's Place.  Lisa was very nice, and every time I go in she says hi and remembers my name.  My dress was $600, but I got it for $525 when I said that $600 was a little out of my price range.  I had my second fitting yesterday, and when I told them I'm having bridal portraits done on May 2, they said they could have it back by April 30 for me.  Definitely do NOT go for a fitting on Saturdays!  I went on a Saturday for my first fitting, got there 30 minutes before they opened, and was still # 26 in line!  I will say that they weren't overly helpful in picking out my bridesmaid dresses, but overall I had a very good experience. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards