Louisiana-New Orleans

Welcome Party Help

Had never thought about a Welcome Party Friday night after the Rehearsal dinner until I read about it on this Board...but since everyone will not be at the Rehearsal Dinner, thought this may be a good idea.  I am a little worried about the cost though- there is NO way I could pick up the tab for 150 people for a night of drinking.
What are some cost creative ways to do a welcome party?  Do I have to book somewhere-  could I pick up the first round?  I think it would be a great idea to see those who are not at the RD before the actual wedding!

Re: Welcome Party Help

• becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a welcome party and our guests really enjoyed it. We did it at Tujague's - there were a few different options - we chose to just provide desserts and have a cash bar. Other places charge a rental fee but Tujague's was great and didn't charge one. In total, we spent $180 (cost of desserts) for the welcome party itself.

The other option that we considered was to have a private room upstairs (for maybe $325) and we would have two bartenders up there - again, a cash bar. We considered doing drink tickets for both options so that we paid the first round and Tujague's was willing to do that. The other thing we considered was just buying like 15 pitchers as the first round and calling it a day.

All good options, I think. We just spread the word that it was a cash bar and we were providing desserts and it worked out well!
  • edited December 2011

I really liked the idea of the welcome party too. We might hijack your idea too.  : )

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We actually turned our rehearsal into a huge welcome party for all of our guests, since over half were from out of town...we had ours on the Creole Queen the afternoon before our wedding, so it was a pretty penny. 

But I would consider just picking a place and telling everyone to plan to meet up there the night before the wedding...that way they know it is not a formal party thrown by you guys, but a place to meet up and spend time with everyone.
  • KatiTheCutieKatiTheCutie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying in the penthouse of the International House for our wedding weekend and have a wedding block there.  So, I am putting down a few hundred dollars at Loa Bar for everyone to mingle and drink after the RD...After that money is gone, then it will become a cash bar.  And, if ppl want to leave an explore the quarter or go elsewhere they may do so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards