Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Destination Bride Marriage License

Did anyone wait until the week of the wedding to apply for a license? Our officiate said he could sign a paper so we wouldn't have to wait the 3 days, but this stresses me...any helpful advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Destination Bride Marriage License

• Options
    I got mine on the Monday or Tuesday of my wedding week.  It was super easy and took about 15 minutes, but we did ours in St. Tammany Parish.  I've had the Algiers courtyard is pretty fast too.
  • Options
    We got ours the Friday before our Sunday wedding at the Algiers courthouse. It was kind of neat to head over there the morning after we got in town and spend some time just the two of us before the wedding. Once our guests started rolling into town, everything was group events.
  • Options
    We got ours on a Wednesday before our Saturday wedding.  It was a pretty easy process.  I know the officiant can send in a waiver of the 72 hour waiting period, but I just didn't want to have to worry about that in case there were any complications.  I agree with ZeroOrchestra that going there together was nice before the flood of guests arrived in town. 
  • Options
    Can anyone fill my in on the entire license process? I'm at a total loss. :/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! One less thing to stress over.......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards