Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Hotels in FQ for reception

Can anyone point me to any hotels in the FQ that have an Old World NOLA feel/charm (as opposed to the typcial hotel ballroom feel)?  TIA.  Also, if you know if they have a certain minimum off the top of your head, I'd appreciate that info too. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotels in FQ for reception

• Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Bourbon Orleans.  You can check out the photo below, from their website-- there is also an outdoor terrace.  Not sure if you mean minimum in terms of numbers of guests or minimum expenditure but the Bourbon Orleans Ballroom is pretty huge and they didn't seem to think fewer than 75 guests would be enough (though I believe they have a smaller, newer room for smaller events).  They initially told us we'd have to spend a minimum of $10,000 for food and beverage (not including tax and gratuity) but we negotiated down to $7,500.  Our bill will probably be higher but I just didn't want to be committed to paying so much if guests didn't show and we actually came under $10K.

The Royal Sonesta also has a gorgeous ballroom-- actually, they have more than one, in various sizes.  The minimums they quoted us ranged from $5,000-10,000.  they also have a courtyard available for ceremonies.

The Omni has 2 or 3 ballrooms in different sizes but to be honest, they look more "modern" than Old World.  More like where you'd have a very nice convention or business meeting.  Nice looking, large and with chandeliers and everything, but I wouldn't say very old world.  Having said that, the hotel itself is pretty nice and the lobby kind of exudes some Old World charm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you bezlu! The Bourbon Orleans looks beautiful. I will be sure to check it out on my trip next week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  Burbon Orleans. I found them very friendly and helpful.
  • Options
    DenyseSDenyseS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at the Bourbon Orleans but in the St ann's cottage.  It has more of an intimate feel and very NOLA.  It also has a smalll private courtyard.  It is suppossed to accomate comfortably up to 75 and the minimum for that room is 5,000.  They also have a small room ajacent to the pool that can hold 100 I think but not sure on the minimum for that room. I also find the people there wonderful to deal with.
  • Options
    DenyseSDenyseS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and a PP mentioned the royal sonesta, very nice place also and they did have a small room that was only 1,000.00 min that could hold up to 40 I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I picked the Omni. I really love the atmosphere of it:) The chandeliers are beautiful, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards