Louisiana-New Orleans

Do not stay at Loew's

For anybody looking for possible room blocks -

I just got back from traveling to New Orleans with my parents so I could check out some venues while also staying at hotels looking for room blocks... we obviously picked the wrong hotel ... New Orleans Loew's....

Obviously, traveling with my parents, we were going to need 2 beds! So, we booked two beds, the day of we called and confirmed our 2 beds, when we arrived they gave us a key and said it was for 2 beds! WRONG, as soon as we walked in, 1 BED! After being put on hold and arguing with the concierge, they said they could do nothing but make out the couch!! After walking around all day I did not want to sleep on the couch, which was NOT comfortable.  My dad was upset, I didn't sleep good, needless to say, they lost our business for possibly blocking lots of rooms and getting business from us.  Whose to say that when all our guest come in from out of town and they need two beds, they will end up sleeping on a couch too?!? I don't think so!  I hate to sound horrible, because the hotel is beautiful, and the majority of the people were nice, but that was ridiculous.

Re: Do not stay at Loew's

• hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience!

We stayed there last year (during decadence of all things - complete accident!) and they were great about exchanging our queen bed for 2 full beds, since my fiance ended up having a last minute work trip so my MOH came with me.
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin stayed there during the Super Bowl and it took forever to get the room together.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• LaTex EmLaTex Em member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've had a similar thing happen to me at other hotels -- that is very frustrating.

However, I do have to say that Loews was a lifesaver for me on my wedding day.  I was supposed to get ready for my wedding at the Ritz Carlton but the day of the wedding, they had NO electricity (no fault of the Ritz, there was a power outage in half the Quarter).  So I was scrambling to find a suite for me and my bridesmaids to get ready at the morning of my wedding.  That morning my wedding planner managed to get a suite for me at the Loews.  They allowed me to check in at 8am in the morning and were so incredibly wonderful to me even though I was almost in tears.  We had breakfast at Cafe Adelaide inside the hotel, and when they heard my story, they too were kind and gave us free beignets and amazing service.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards