Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

St. Patrick's Church

Has anyone been married here? I am asking because my fiance lives out of town and wanted to know if we could do the preparations at his church and still use the priest that had married almost every one in my family.

My cousin's friend did all of her prep out of state and got married here and my cousin had a priest from california come into town.

I am trying to get as much information from others in my family on this, but my sister didn't get married in a church so my mom does not have too much information.

I am just confused at this whole process.
BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: St. Patrick's Church

• Options
    mabezanmabezan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were considering St Patrick's but ended up choosing another church. However, I can tell you Ann Johnston was great at getting back to us when we had questions. Her contact info and the wedding guidelines for the church are available at http://oldstpatricks.org/news/?page_id=11.

Best of luck with your planning!
  • Options
    janderson0004janderson0004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in May. Right now I'm living in Florida and they are letting do all of our preparations here. I don't think it would be a problem for another priest to marry you as long as he works in the arch diocesian. Ann Johnston is really nice to work with. You can just try to call her and she probably know all of these answers.
  • Options
    janderson0004janderson0004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    one more thing, St. Patricks is a beautiful church but make sure you read all of the guidlines if you are thinking about having you ceremony there... there are some restrictions but nothing you can't work around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards