Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal Dinner: FUN, LIVELY, UPBEAT!!

Hi ladies,

We are looking for a fun spot for our rehearsal dinner. We are a young couple with fun friends who are truly looking forward to experiencing new orleans.  Any recommendations on a place with good food and music? Nothing stuffy. I need not even be a sit down. It'll just be the  wedding party hanging out. We'll catch up with the other folks later.

Thanks
kiki

Re: Rehearsal Dinner: FUN, LIVELY, UPBEAT!!

• Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pat O's on Bourbon maybe. I have only ate there once, I didn't like the food, but I only had a hamburger. I'm sure it is a great place to hang out.

Rock N Sake its a sushi restaurant / bar. I went there once and it looked like there was a baby shower going on in a side room. Great atmosphere and fun. Great sushi!
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    Ooh! Rock N Sake! Good call!

Jacques Imo's is really good too, but it's not really live music scene. It's also uptown, so if you and your guests are OOT that might not be the best option.  

Hmmm....I don't think I can top the Rock N Sake suggestion. 

• edited December 2011
    Maybe Rock N Bowl? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My best friends sister had her rehersal dinner at The Howlin' Wolf. It was awesome! She had the second floor reserved for the wedding party and set up a Jambalaya buffet. After eveyone ate they went downstairs to listen and dance to the band with the general public. The older folks and parents stayed and talked upstairs. It was a fun party and not stuffy at all.  
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! Howlin' Wolf sounds good I didn't think about that, I was wondering about House of Blues? I have some many people coming in from out of town. I want to give them some true NOLA flava'. The other thing I had on my mind was a tradtional Italian restaurant but don't really eat at them since I normally cook my own food food. Any suggestions?
  • hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oceana - amazing atmosphere, food and location! Very authentic - everyone loved it! We still eat there everytime we're in NOLA. Very affordable, too.
  • Hartley0721Hartley0721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OCEANA WAS RECENTLY on KITCHEN NIGHTMARES hulu.com it!!!!!!! I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I heard the they went back to their own ways by ordering food out of kitchen frozen and reheat it to serve for high price
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards