Louisiana-New Orleans

need your reccommendations for June wedding

I am getting married June 2010 at the St Louis Hotel in the courtyard with reception to follow (I know it will be hot, but June is my only option).  Does anyone have an officient you'd rec. (my fiance and I are not religious)?  Also, I am looking for a photographer and a florist (I need just a few flowers, so someone good with small and simple).

Last, any ideas about makeup and photographs and how to stay looking cool in the summer heat?

Re: need your reccommendations for June wedding

• edited December 2011
    A lot of the brides on this board have used Reverend John Zimmer as an officiant.  He will be my officiant next week.  He has been great to talk to and we are not very religious.  I gave him a reading I like and we are doing simple vows.  His phone # is  504-834-6544.
    We are using Christina O'Malley for flowers.  Since my wedding is so small I decided to just have  a bouquet.  She was very flexible and reasonable when I was deciding other options with her.  Her # is 504-487-0548.
    For hair/make-up I am using Emily at Get Polished. I know other brides on the board have also written great reviews for other make-up/hair stylists.
    I think photography is going to depend on your style.  We are using Steve Randon.  Other photographers I see with good reviews are Matt Foster, Studio Tran, Sam Gregory, Elizabeth Ray, Scott Myers, and the list goes on and on.  I'm not sure about advice for the heat.  I know sephora sells some dry blotting papers that may help.  Good luck with your planning:)!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Zimmer too- but if he had not been available, we would have used Judge Mary KK Norman (yes, if you Google, her she is also called the Love Judge based on the large amoutns of weddings she officiates).  She is not religious in her ceremonies, you can request certain things.  And we are religious- its just that we are getting married SO quicky and do not belong to a church in our new hometown, and it was just easier to get someone who was a PRO at 8-10 minute ceremonies.  No real bad reviews on either on this board.
    We are using Meg Baisden for photography.
    To save money, we are making our own bouquets from flowers out of the Flower Market in Kenner the day of.  Our reception site (prob like yours which is SO lush anyhow) is kinda over the top and doesnt require many flowers!
    Good luck!  Happy planning!
  • AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using A Moment In Time photography www.amoment-in-time.com and Beth Achord for flowers (504) 443-4743 or (504) 909-4744.  Both work from their homes, so they're both less expensive and willing to work with you.  Can't help with the officiant - my uncle is a priest so he's saying our wedding.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards