Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

wedding planner

Who is the best wedding planner in nola? 

Re: wedding planner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "best" is a very subjective term. I know a lot of the girls on this board loved Get Polished, but i really didn't like working with them and wish i had done more research and talked with other new orleans planners before I hired them. My advice would be to meet a couple different planners and go with whoever you click the best with. Ask to see pictures of their work and  make sure they are responsive and easy to work with.  Dont pay for services you dont need, but make sure the terms of the relationship are clearly set out. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would wholeheartedly agree with what MaddyAndie says.  I had a similar experience and have decided not to work with a planner after all.  I am relying on suggestions from friends/family and of course from this board.  I will likely hire a day-of coordinator for peace of mind.  I got a few recommendations for this from the church coordinator. 
  • Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MaddyAndie - could you email me? I PM'd you my email address.

Thanks!
  • Options
    MaddyA0710MaddyA0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think im getting PM's from anybody! I Dont know why:(  Feel free to shoot me an email at:  maddieandie0710@gmail.com
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with Lisa at Luminous Events of New Orleans.  She is very organized and detail oriented.  I've only just started working with her but I am sooooooo pleased already!!  Plus, they do amazing decor with candles so you can Google them.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Kelly Sherlock and she's been amazing.  I am an OOT bride and was worried about doing everything long distance but Kelly has taken all the stress out of the process.  Mostly she does all the work and I just make decisions.  Plus, she's just a great person who's fun to work with.  I highly recommend her.  I am using her for everything but I'm sure she'd do a day-of thing if she's available.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue offers me one with the package. What venue are you using? You could maybe check to see if they offer one or if they could recommend one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards