• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Giveaways

Step into Spring - Day 3

Re: Step into Spring - Day 3

• I acquired a very unique iced tea recipe from a cooking class at a Disney property in Orlando-pineapple-mint iced tea.   We're contemplating using this recipe as a signature drink for a summer wedding, kicked up with Makers Mark.   A new and unique spin on a mint julep for a summer wedding!   Truly our own!
  • Kadee143Kadee143 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Unfortunately we are on a budget so we have not decided if we can do it! I love the idea. Our colors are red, black white. If we do have a signature drink I would love to coordinate it with our colors ; ) P.s- I love shoes, good luck everyone!
  • We are having tropical drinks that are reminiscent of where we first met.  We are mixing regular Malibu, Passion Fruit Malibu, and Mango Malibu with pineapple juice and cranberry juice.  Garnished with a cherry and kiwi, it's like vacation in a glass!  Since we aren't able to take a honeymoon, this will be our way of enjoying something tropical and sweet.  
  • We are having a winter wedding next January...and we will be having a winter themed signature drink! White chocolate and peppermint matinis :09 yum!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_giveaways_step-into-spring-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:8485d59d-535d-4b0b-8e6a-5c644c8b848eDiscussion:5915e80e-feed-434a-a5d0-16f6bd1c3b76Post:984dec20-1931-40c3-b2c9-72b73c830747">Step into Spring - Day 3</a>:
    [QUOTE]Answer the question below by 11:59 EST tonight for a chance to win! We LOVE spring-inspired cocktails like  these. />Having a signature cocktail at your wedding? Tell us below!  “Lulu”  (Retail Value $449) Closed-toe, platform pump covered all over in sparkling Austrian crystals.   Click here   for official sweeps rules.
    Posted by Knot Jennifer[/QUOTE]
     I am not having a cocktail, my wedding is going to be alcohoal free. So insted we are going to have colorful puch with added fruit.
  • We haven't made one up yet but I would definitely love to do this idea! I think it makes the night fun :
  • Havent decided yet but i know we are going to need a lot of Jack Daniels.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_giveaways_step-into-spring-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:8485d59d-535d-4b0b-8e6a-5c644c8b848eDiscussion:5915e80e-feed-434a-a5d0-16f6bd1c3b76Post:984dec20-1931-40c3-b2c9-72b73c830747">Step into Spring - Day 3</a>:
    [QUOTE]Answer the question below by 11:59 EST tonight for a chance to win! We LOVE spring-inspired cocktails like  these. />Having a signature cocktail at your wedding? Tell us below!  “Lulu”  (Retail Value $449) Closed-toe, platform pump covered all over in sparkling Austrian crystals.   Click here   for official sweeps rules.

<div>
    </div><div>We are thinking of having 2 signature cocktails, a "his" and a "hers"; both will be featured throughout the night.  "His" will be a blue mojito garnished with mint sprigs and a light blue umbrella.  "Hers" will be a seafoam sangria, comprised of white wine, hypnotiq, and gingerale.  It will be garnished with a starfruit.  We picked these drinks because they will resemble our wedding color of turquoise, along with the Cuban heritage and our love for wine!  Hope they enjoy!!</div>
  • I am super excited to serve The Knottie (Thank you The Knot) as my something blue drink.  The Knottie Martini has Bacardi Superior Rum, blue curacao, and pineapple juice!  Tastes amazing.  

We are also having a drink served at the guests arrival to the ceremony called "La Rosette"which is St-Germain & Brut Rose'.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're not totally sure on our signature cocktail, but since we're having a winter wedding, we want to do a peppermint schnapps inspired drink!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_giveaways_step-into-spring-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:8485d59d-535d-4b0b-8e6a-5c644c8b848eDiscussion:5915e80e-feed-434a-a5d0-16f6bd1c3b76Post:984dec20-1931-40c3-b2c9-72b73c830747">Step into Spring - Day 3</a>:

Hello, unfortunately we have not decided on a signature drink! We are on a budget so we don't know if its something we can do. Our colors are red, black & white so if we could I would want to coordinate it with them ;) p.s-I love shoes, good luck everyone!
  • We would like to since we're having an open bar have to buy all the alcohol ourselves, but don't know what to have. I would like it to be pink since our colors are pink, black white but I just can't find one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_giveaways_step-into-spring-day-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:8485d59d-535d-4b0b-8e6a-5c644c8b848eDiscussion:5915e80e-feed-434a-a5d0-16f6bd1c3b76Post:984dec20-1931-40c3-b2c9-72b73c830747">Step into Spring - Day 3</a>:

Hello, unfortunately we have not decided on a signature drink! We are on a budget so we don't know if its something we can do. Our colors are red, black & white so if we could I would want to coordinate it with them ;) p.s-I love shoes, good luck everyone!
  • We haven't decided if we are having one yet.  Maybe something with champagne in it though.
  • We're having pink champagne and calling it "Tickled pink"
  • We are doing named alcoholic drinks for bride and groom and father of the bride. We are also naming non alcoholic drinks after the kids in the wedding. I cannot wait to find out what concotions they will come up with!
  • We are doing named alcoholic drinks for bride and groom and father of the bride. We are also naming non alcoholic drinks after the kids in the wedding. I cannot wait to find out what concotions they will come up with!
  • We aren't serving signature cocktails.

• We haven't decided yet, but we are definitely toying around with the idea. We have talked about and thought it would be something fun to offer.
  • We are not having a signature cocktail, but it is a cute idea
  • I will be drinking my signature cocktail: beer!
  • Yes we are. Something like an adult lemonade since it is a hot summer wedding on the beach!
  • Jilbert Winery, in Valley City, Ohio, where we are getting married and having our reception, specializes in the making of honeywine (also known as meade).  So, we want to have a honeywine toast, instead of the more traditional champagne toast.
  • 'Blushing Bride' and 'Golden Groom' are the signature drinks at our reception :
  • For our New England wedding we'll include something with cranberry!
  • We're doing "his" and "hers" cocktails to supplement beer, wine, water, and iced tea to keep the $ down. My choice: a margarita! His choice: rum and coke.
  • We are having a mango sangria!
  • We are having our wedding at a Winery so our signature "wine" is the California Girl!
  • No. We are not allowed alcohol at our venue. Plus it saves a bunch of money to spend on other things for the wedding.
  • We haven't decided on a signature cocktail-we will most likely keep it simple and classy with whiskey on the rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards