Maryland-Baltimore

DO NOT USE DARRIN JESS SMALL, IMAGERY & STORIES FOR YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

My fiance and I hired Jess from Imagery and Stories for our wedding.  We are on a small budget, and when I found Jess's website, I thought it looked awsome, and was really excited for the package we'd selected.  Well, definitely too good to be true.  Our wedding is September 5, 2010, and we've already paid him $1200, a bit over half of our total contract.  He did actually show up for our engagement party, and for our engagement photo shoot, but it was worse than pulling teeth to get up to print our Save-the-Dates (included in our contract).  Subsequently, I've read on RipoffReport.com that he's a total nation-wide scam artist.  I came across this when I attempted to find his Imagery and Stories website.......which, interestingly enough, is no longer online.......So, to all brides to be, DO NOT USE DARRIN JESS SMALL aka IMAGERY AND STORIES for your wedding.  My fiance and I are lucky enough that theres enough time until our wedding to find a new photographer, but, as I've discovered on RipoffReport.com, others have not been so lucky!!!!!

Re: DO NOT USE DARRIN JESS SMALL, IMAGERY & STORIES FOR YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

• edited December 2011
    Have you contacted the BBB?   If he does have a history of this sort of scam, they should have a record on him, and you should definitely look into taking him to small claims court.  I'm sorry you've gone through this.  If you don't mind sharing your approxamate budget, I'm sure people on here can recoomend their photographers for you.

I used Exclamation Imagery out of DC, and can't say enough good things about them.
  • augustbride05augustbride05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lisa Fleet of Glamorous Divas Photography.  She is very reasonable and I am satisfied with her work.  Her website is lisafleetphotography.com and you can check out our engagement pics on our website www.mywedding.com/jdcoles
  • edited December 2011
    We used him for our wedding on 9/6/09; and are still trying to get the rest of our stuff.  He was good at first and then poof... he disappeared.  It wasn't until a few weeks ago that all the reports about him came out.  He had changed his name and has been scamming people all over the country. Definitely was too good to be true!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used him as well for our wedding in Jamiaca on 5/22/09, Thankfully he showed up and we got our dvd of pics but he owes use actual pics, books, and much more, havent heard from him since dec1 09, and he has been making excuses since jun 30, 09 which was the due date for everything, 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards