Ohio-Columbus

Lighting at North Bank Park Pavillion - PLEASE HELP!!!

My fiance and I had hired Shane's as our caterers and they were going to handle all of the lighting for our reception at North Bank Park Pavillion.  Now that they went out of business, our new caterer won't do the lighting for liability reasons and the outside vendor they found to do it quoted a price of $1900 just for hanging some pre-lit paper lanterns!  Can anyone please recommend someone that we can hire to install and remove ligting at NBP, and who is reasonably priced?  Also, can anyone give any insight as to the lighting needs for that place?  We don't want to use their super-bright house lights, and we assumed that just hanging 30 or so of those paper lanterns would suffice, but if anyone thinks differently or has any other ideas for lighing, please share.  Thanks!

Re: Lighting at North Bank Park Pavillion - PLEASE HELP!!!

• drakehjdrakehj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am having my reception at N. Bank. Currently I have around 200 guests that we expect will be there, so I am having to rent a tent to put behind the pavilion. I didn't know if you were renting a tent as well ( I guess they force you if youre having more than 100 guests) but I am going to ask the tent company to hang the paper lanterns in both the pavilion and in the tent.

If youre not having a tent, do you have a family friend that could hang them for you using a tall ladder? That is my back up plan at least.

For the lanterns themselves, we are buying LCD lights that you can tape to little batteries that work GREAT! If you need more info on lighting the lanterns, feel free to email me at Heatherdrake11@hotmail.com.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having my reception at North Bank and to be honest I had no idea there wasn't lighting in the pavillion so I'm really happy that you posted this question! I had been planning on using the lanterns around the outside of the pavillion, but I wasn't really sure how many would be needed. If you find something that works well or a company willing to do that at a reasonable price I would be grateful for hearing any advice you get. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    There were a few vendors at the Vets Bridal Show that did lighting.  There was one DJ too that did some very cool decor lighting and I think he was reasonalbly priced. 

We still have the info from the bridal show, I will see if I can find it for you.  I think there was a DVD that showed some of the lighting that they offered.
  • starjan97starjan97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a lighting company that rents to theaters in Germain Village.  We rented our own uplighting for around $200.  Can't remember the company name. Sorry!
  • edited December 2011

I am getting married at NBP on April 10 of 2010.  I have been down there and spoken with staff a few times, who have said you do not necessarily need extra lighting inside. (especially if you will have a lot of candles).  Our wedding and reception could be potentially completely inside due to weather, so we do not have any tents that require lighting.  Do you all feel that no extra lighting is a bad idea?  The lighting has been stressing me out, so I would love an opinion of someone who has been married there.  Thanks so much!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards