Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Question for Celbrations Brides

I'm having some issues with hotel blocks and transportation to and from Celebrations.  My coordinator recommended three hotels, all at BWI, but I'm not thrilled with their packages, and most of my guests are driving, not flying, so maybe BWI isn't the best choice.  Did anyone go with a non-BWI hotel, closer to the venue?  I'm not really familiar with the Pasadena area, and Baltimore City seems a bit inconvenient travel-wise.Basically, can anyone recommend any hotels, and/or shuttle services, near Celebrations in Pasadena?  Or do you have rave reviews for any of the BWI hotels (so I should re-think this)?  TIA.Sorry this is going to be a post-and-run, but I promise I'll check back after class.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Question for Celbrations Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh and I made a typo in the title of this post.  Jeez.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was not able to find any decent hotels near Pasadena. There are some in Glen Burnie but I really could not find any. Transportation was an issue for me too. I ended up going with the Hampton Inn BWI and they do have a shuttel with a certant number of booked rooms.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info - The Hampton has the better rates of the two that have gotten back to me, and I did see they have a transportation package.  I just feel bad making my guests pay an extra $10 a night for the shuttle, when otherwise we would be paying for the shuttle ourselves!  I think we can make the minimum # nights to get the shuttle, I'm just waffling on it. I didn't think there would be much in the Pasadena area, so BWI might really be the closest option, but I wanted to check here first.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you contacted them but I was happy with the Spring Hill suites at BWI...they were very easy to work with and have shuttle services you can get if you have at least 10 people. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Spring Hill suites wasn't on the list (of three hotels) that my coordinator gave me, but I will definitely look into it since they have a lower minimum than the other places.  Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's sister had her wedding there, and she had two room blocks both at hotels in the city. She then had shuttles back and forth from the hotels to Celebrations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards