Maryland-Baltimore

Poll: Dance lessons-to take or not to take?

Hi Ladies-
FI and I are really on the fence about whether or not we want to spend the extra money take dance lessons for our first dance.  Part of us doesn't want to end up doing the "7th grade sway" but at the same time there is something romantic about that too! 

So....what are you planning on doing/what did you do?
And if you did/are planning on taking lessons, where did you go?

imageAnniversary

Re: Poll: Dance lessons-to take or not to take?

• jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm something between "Of course" and "No way". Neither of us are really dancers so it would help us out. And it would be fun to have a little surprise for everyone.

But on the other hand it's not really necessary and I'm not sure if there's room in the budget or not. Plus, even lessons might not be able to save the four left feet we have between us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I said no, but I don't really think it's a waste of money.  DH and I didn't take dance lessons and we managed a few spins and dips along the way - but I do agree with you that there is something hopelessly romantic abut the 7th grade sway.
  • edited December 2011
    I really wanted us to take a dance lesson... FI is just not a dancer.  But we honestly ran out of time and money.  Our song was a very slow song, Michael Buble's "Hold On"... FI's choice, I would've liked something faster, but this song is really pretty and worked out great: http://www.michaelbuble.com/news/2010/03/30/hold-lyric-video

We practiced the night before the rehearsal, our last night at home, since the night of the RD we all stayed with our BP in our suites at the Tremont.  I wore my wedding shoes so I could practice in the shoes I'd be wearing (plus I wanted to wear them in a little more!).  We picked 2 spins, named them #1 and # 2.  During our actual dance it was funny, because we were actually having a quietly heated "discussion" about which spins to do and when lol.  We started out with # 1, then # 2, and then # 1 one last time... and ended the song with a dip.  He was such a booger and didn't want to do the spins!!  I was like HELLO, we practiced for a reason- we agreed it would be a boring 4 minutes if we just sway back and forth.  But it turned out cute I think, and everyone commented on how nice it was :)  DH kept saying the first dance reflected the beginning of a long marriage- me telling him what to do and wearing the pants haha.  We had fun though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, this makes me feel bettter.  I think we might try to pull off a few spins here and there too :-)  Time and money are definitely both disappearing!

Oh-and I really like that Michael Buble song-that's going to have to go on our playlist!

Smange-I LOVE your puppy!  Too cute!  He looks a bit like my black lab :-)
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    When I first looked at this my brain saw "pole dancing lessons" hehe.
  • edited December 2011
    Gina - ME TOO!!!!!
  • Lapontoona6Lapontoona6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too!!! and i was like heck yeah b/c it was fun when i took a class! 
    -just a suggestion :)
  • edited December 2011
    OK I thought that too.  So with that does anyone know a good place to take pole dancing classes?  Maybe we should all register for that instead!
  • edited December 2011

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to take lessons? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards