Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Baltimore Knottie GTG

So I know a while ago Rvnsgirl mentioned something about a get-together for all of us... I was just wondering if people would still be interested?  There were so many weddings in October and November (like, 2 every weekend!), but now coming up in December and January there aren't too many (Thanks mezzo for posting the lists!). 

Maybe it would be a good time to arrange a get-together?  I don't think ther's been one in a while... Thoughts?  I know the holidays can be verrrrrry busy, so we could always wait until January. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.

Re: Baltimore Knottie GTG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I want a gtg!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea - I think the last time there was a board g2g, it was a primarily different group of people than the ones who post here now.  I wonder what the most central location is for everybody.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made this post a Sticky, since I'm not sure how many people will be around with it being a holiday this week, and I don't want it to get lost when everyone's back at work Monday.
  • Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh sounds like fun! I'm in Owings Mills but I'd come anywhere in the city/county area.
  • Options
    kmiller1012kmiller1012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to get together and meet everyone.  I live in Baltimore City, but can go to the county.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope we can get this together!  I couldn't find it at first Tree and thought it got deleted, but thank you for making it a sticky note, that is a great idea.

I live in Bel Air, so pretty far north of everyone... I have no problem traveling to the city though :) 
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be interested in a gtg.  However, I am on an opposite work schedule than most (the usually 9-5, weekends and holidays off - that is so not me, but i wish it was.. lol).  I work 3-11 and most weekends.  If it ends up being on a day off, I will def. come.  I live around the white marsh area but I can go where ever.  December is not a good month.  Already have my work schedule for the entire month and have plans on most of my days off but it may work out.  Hopefully, it will work out where I can attend.

Would it be on a weekend or weekday? 
  • Options
    MereFM99MereFM99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might come along depending when and where.  I live and work downtown but could maybe travel to Belvedere Sq/Mt Washington/Towson area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ajerome- I don't think it matters whether it's a weekend or a weekday; for the people who work "normal" schedules we could do a happy hour; or we could do lunch on a Saturday or Sunday.  I know I have a lot of "free time" coming up because I am graduating in 10 days, and all I'll be doing is studying 24/7 for my boards (which I take in February), and working part-time for a managed care company.  As a health care worker, I feel you on the non-normal schedule... 7-7, 3-11, 11-11, and some nights and lots of weekends/holidays! 

Do people think it would be best to wait until January after holiday festivities have calmed down some?  If I remember correctly, I don't think there are too too many weddings in January. 
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay for graduating!!  Happy Early Graduation and Congrats!

I think January will be best... after the holidays - just my opinion.
  • Options
    TCSERGENTONTCSERGENTON member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi, I am planning a OC Beach, Maryland wedding. Seeing you live near there, would you happen to know of anyone that had a beach wedding there?  Would you happen to have any advise?

I truly appreciate any input.  Thanks

TCSergenton

• Options
    Amy52582Amy52582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for after the New Year as well! (which, as of today, is exactly one month away - yikes!!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am up for whenever! Just let me know. I live and work in Towson, but can travel to the city or wherever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it'd be a great idea.....I'd love to meet everyone in person!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I def would be interested in a GTG! After the new year would be good for me as well. I live in Owings Mills area and work in the city so just keep me posted on the location!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems like Owings Mills or the Towson/York Road area are the most central locations for everyone.  We did a g2g last year at Bahama Breeze which was fun, but since we had so many people they set us up at one really long table, and I didn't get a chance to talk to about half the girls there.
  • Options
    strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm down for a get together.  I know I'm still kinda new to posting, but I think it would be a ton of fun.  I'm in Bowley's Quarters but work in fells point.  I'm up for going anywhere as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow - I totally missed this post for the last 2 weeks!  I'd love to do a GTG!  I am in the Columbia area, but can travel to Bmore or Towson.  Maybe after the New Year will be good?  Sorry it took me so long to see this!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, the holidays have come and gone, and so has the snow (at least, I hope it's gone!) so let's try and make some plans!  Anybody have thoughts about a location or potential date?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I keep meaning to post on this.  There aren't too many wedding for a little while, still.  Really any day is good for me... doesn't matter weekend or weekday.  It sounds like the city might be the best location?  Probably not somewhere too loud/crazy to talk and hang out... where have the gtg's been in the past? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm... I've been to one at Bahama Breeze in Towson, and the food was great, but there was such a big group of us that we were seated at a really long table and I only talked to the 4 or 5 girls near me.  We also did one at a sushi place in Columbia.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmmm, Columbia is definitely far for me but if it works for everyone else I'll do it... what about... hmmm... trying to think of a place with good parking... like Bay Cafe in Canton-ish area (they have their own lot... I've heard they have good happy hours?). 

Anyone else have ideas? 

You think we should make a new post of this to see if people pay more attention to it?  I feel like this one is getting a little bit overlooked!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure.  I'll un-sticky this one and make a new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards