Maryland-Baltimore

50s Style Wedding Dresses

Does anyone know where to find a 50s style wedding dress for under $1,000? Everything that I find online is too expensive or the designer doesn't have a retailer in the tri-state area. Thanks for your help!

Re: 50s Style Wedding Dresses

• iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always contact a dressmaker and have one made for you :)
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! That's what I've been thinking too. I found the exact style I was looking for, but it's $2,000 (and there's no way that's going to fit in the budget!). I was thinking of showing the dress to a dressmaker and see if they could make something for me in a similar pattern. I've also been looking on EBay and they have gorgeous vintage dresses but everything I've found is an extra small. Thanks again for the suggestion!
  • JennigoesUSAJennigoesUSA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only looked at a couple of them, but they were around $600

http://www.poshgirlvintage.com/wedding-dresses-c-16.html?zenId=ic3hk7js9aj6ppl09ort2s9is3
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I've been looking at that website too. I'm having a problem finding a big enough size on vintage sites. Most of them are extra smalls. I checked out EBay too and had the same problem there where all the dresses are so small.

Does anyone know of a good dressmaker to go to in Maryland? I've been googling places but get frustrated when I can't find any reviews. I want to make sure I go to a place/person with a good reputation.
  • edited December 2011
    DollyCouture.com Everything she makes is styled after 50s stuff, and at good prices.
  • edited December 2011
    go on ebay. seriously.... im not kidding, there are these women from china that duplicate wedding dresses, i mean every detail... my best friend got a $900 dress for $80. after shipping and final alterations she said it was $165. this is what i will be doing in a few months. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards