Maryland-Baltimore

Reccomendations Please!

I've gotten a few proposals from caterers, but I'm not happy with the prices or the food for most of them. The one I really liked I found out was booked on my date!
Argh!

Does anyone have reccs for a good, not break-the-bank-expensive caterer that services the MD area?

Thanks!

Re: Reccomendations Please!

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sketti Headie, I literally just recommended KS on this same post since OP also posted in the general maryland board.  Too funny!  

So serenity, looks like you found your answer!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    to clarify the china, its 4.50 pp if you dont want the nice plastic stuff he has (for the whole china place setting, with metal forks etc.).  For table and chair and linen rental, he uses ABC rentals on silver spring road (I mean, he may use them for the china too, I did not clarify as I will not be using it).  He has a good relationship with them, so if something seems overpriced he MAY be able to talk it down a little bit.  He doesn't up-charge the rentals, he literally makes you pay what he pays.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using HUnt Valley Caterers and they are not only fabulous, but incredibly reasonable :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Simply Elegant but also looked into Hunt Valley Catering. 
  • serenitymdserenitymd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • Cheles93Cheles93 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at KS Catering too. Has anyone actually been to a wedding they catered or already had their wedding? Thank you.
  • edited December 2011
    Our caterer is Roundz.  The chef is great and flexible and builds the menu around what you want.  They also allow you to purchase your own liquor for the bar too.  It was the best solution for us.
  • jenn&chadjenn&chad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_reccomendations-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:eeca22a2-1557-40dd-86ed-df4d4c366822Post:2b4283b6-a1be-4928-8211-20cd40e2ab38">Re: Reccomendations Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Simply Elegant but also looked into Hunt Valley Catering. 
    Posted by blondeintgeragrl[/QUOTE]

We just met with Simply Elegant this weekend and the food was delicious and Nancy was so nice!  The only thing we're hesitant about was the china, silverware and linen.  Apparently they own it so you don't have the option of doing square plates or a runner for the tables.  So did you guys decide to go with their china, silver and linen or rent from somewhere else?  We wouldn't even think about the options, but we met with another caterer where everything was completely customizable but the food was just ok... I'm trying to decide if I'm making too big a deal of it.  My instinct is that the quality of the food is most important and who cares about the details... what do you guys think?  By the way OP: sorry to hijack your thread! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Leiters fine catering...Hagerstown frederick area.

GREAT PRICING and value!

GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Columbus Gardens in PerryHall is very reasonable for what you get! Great food and nice staff! I'm having my reception there!

www.columbusgardens.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards