Maryland-Baltimore
Options

NEED REVIEWS: Sweet Temptations Baker

The caterer that I've selected works with Sweet Temptations for wedding cakes. I've gone on their website and some of their cakes are beautiful while others look horrible. They also have very mixed reviews online. Some say they are great while others say they are awful. I don't know what to do, and at this point I'm scared to use them. I'm on a budget and really liked the idea of having the cake worked into the package price of the catering, but I'm thinking now that I should just say that I don't want cake from them, see if they can cut the price per person down a bit, and then get a cake from somewhere else. (We haven't decided on a menu yet with our caterer, so using their baker isn't set in stone).  I've read about some other places on this forum I'm interested in checking out, but first, I was hoping to get some real and truthful feedback on Sweet Temptations. Please help! Thanks!

Re: NEED REVIEWS: Sweet Temptations Baker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you like them, then I'd suggest meeting with them for a tasting. See if they seem reliable and if they have good tasting cake. I'd then find actual people who have who has used them and speak to them about their experiences. All of my potential vendors have been referrals from people I know, of they're from friends-of-friends. I'm always dubious about reviews from online sources - I just use them as a starting point.
  • Options
    jmkeat0jmkeat0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend used them for her wedding in April. Her cake apparently fell apart on the way to the venue (it was unseasonably hot that day). No one called to say there had been an issue - it was very hectic and frantic (and frustrating). We couldn't get a hold of anyone, the bakery was closed. They did eventually show up with the cake at 10:30pm, which was obviously too late.

This is my only experience with them, and it was probably the absolute worst case situation. I recently met with my baker, and he actually remembered the situation (Sweet Temptations had called around to other bakers to find a back-up cake). I believe they tried to make the situation right, but their communication in the process of it all was (in my opinion) unacceptable. 

I would make sure, with any one that you choose, that you know their back-up plan for a disaster and that you have more than the bakery's phone number in case you need to call someone in charge on the day of.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards