Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ceremony music?

I'm planning on hiring an acoustic guitarist but I'm not sure if just one would sound good.  I'm planning on using Canon in D which sounds so much better with both the musical lines.  Has anyone been to a wedding with guitar?  Did it sound good, or incomplete? 
Thanks for your opinion.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony music?

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding where they only had one acoustic guitar and it sounded great IMO.  My only advise if you go this route is to make sure they REALLY know the song.  Any mess ups will likely be noticed more-so than if there were more musicians playing.
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having an acoustic guitarist as well, and I also plan to walk down the aisle to Canon in D :) The guitarist and I go way back, so I've heard him play the song many times and I think it sounds beautiful with just one guitar. If you search 'canon in d acoustic guitar' on youtube, a lot of videos come up with people playing it, which will give you an idea as to if you think it sounds 'incomplete' or not.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    vantilkavantilka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks drewmw.  I hadn't thought of that and it does sound great.  I think you just saved me about $200. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go to epanache.com

they are awesome and i think they have demos you can play in their audio library of some songs with a guitar and piano - it sounded really cool!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding with a solo acoustic guitar.  It sounded really nice and I am very picky about music haha.  Good idea!
    June 16, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards