Michigan-Detroit
Options

Mother of the Bride Dress?

Hi All!

Any suggestions on where to find nice, youthful MOB dresses for my mama? She's stressin :)

Thanks!

Re: Mother of the Bride Dress?

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Has she tried a department store such as JCPenney or Kohls?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers from Macys. FMIL got hers from Alessandras. Not sure how youthful you want, but she could always go with a BM dress.
  • Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat!!! Let me know what you find! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could never see my mom in any of the dresses/outfits I've seen marketed as "Mother of the Bride." She's going with a cute sundress, probably from JC Penny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my sisters recent wedding, my mom found hers at Von Maur, they had a ton of cute ones to choose from!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers from B Ella Bridal in Ann Arbor. They have a great selection. Another place to try is Moni's Bridal. Although, their prices are a bit on the high end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My step mom and mom bought their dresses at the Clothing Cove in downtown Milford.  It has a wide variety of dresses at reasonable prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Group USA inside Great Lakes Crossing has some nice ones. Bombshell Bridal in SCS has a nice selection as well.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    edited December 2011
    My mom got her's at Arena Bridal in Shelby Township.  They have a HUGE selection of MOB dresses.  GL!
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers at Macy's.  I think FMIL is making hers
  • Options
    gotthemessagegotthemessage member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much girls! I thought I'd come back and report since I pretty much went to every store you girls recommended!

1. Department Stores (Macys, Nordstroms, Saks, etc): Gorgeous dresses, but didn't have anything structured to be more formal- they were mainly flowy evening gowns

2. Alessandras: I was discouraged when I walked in because they didn't have much of a selection, but we actually found a few dresses we really liked and were unique. The sales woman was super helpful (note: super pricey dresses!) Side note, they had very elaborate wedding gowns if anyone is looking- a lot of the stuff I saw was apx $5K and could be considered borderline tacky- but I kinda loved a lot of them :)

3. Arena: We found a couple more here that we liked, but most of the styles I felt like were older-ish. We even ended up looking in the bridesmaid section!

4. Sposa: After a while, all the stores and dresses started to look the same. I felt like Sposa didn't really offer anything that unique.

5. Group USA in Great Lakes Crossing: WINNER!!!! They had a ton of gorgeous options and we found THE dress (thank god!). MOH looks gorgeous and we're super relieved.

Good luck, girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards