Michigan-Detroit
Options

do I have to do it

So I got my dress from David's bridal but had it altered somehwere else. Now I called and they say because of that they will not steam my dress. I got the dress off the rack, it looks fine, not wrinkled, or dirty. Is it necessary to still steam it? Am I missing something?
Ann and Brett 10.9.10

Re: do I have to do it

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Will the person that altered your dress not steam it for you? I thought that would have been a given once they altered it they would make sure it was ready to go.

If it's not wrinkled I wouldn't think it would need to steamed.
  • Options
    aaf10aaf10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't even know if the lady who did the alterations steamed it! I should have asked huh? I just picked up my dress yesterday and today I vaguely remember about steaming so I called the store. yikes! My dress is mostly lace/kida-tullish material (whatever that thing is called), so it doesn't really wrinkle. I should have learned more about dresses months ago!
    Ann and Brett 10.9.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call her and ask if she steemed it. If not,  ask her if she can/will.

Otherwise, if it doesn't look wrinkled I wouldn't worry about it. 

You can always try to hang it in the bathroom while the hot shower is going.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely get it steamed. Regardless of the material. It will lay much better if there are no wrinkles in the dress. You should be able to contact the lady that did your alterations to steam it for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Corrinne, I would get it steamed to. The person that altered your dress should steam it for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  I would have it steamed.  Even if it doesn't look wrinkeled, maybe it would lay differently/dress would be more full if it were freshened up.  That dress has been smushed between other dresses on the rack and moved around a ton during alterations.  It might not make that big of a difference but at this point I'd want the dress to look as good as possible - I would have more peace of mind knowing that it was steamed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards