Michigan-Detroit
Options

Beacon Hills??? Any comments?

Hi, does anyone have anything good ot bad to say about Beacon Hills Golf Course in Commerce?  Thanks

Re: Beacon Hills??? Any comments?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just went to a wedding there a couple weeks ago. Here's my opinion:

Food was bad. Veggies were over seasoned with salt. And a friend found a curly black hair in his pasta. Gross.

Liquor was bad. I heard they don't have a good selection to begin with but the couple chose Arrow brand. I've never even heard of that and decided I did not want a hangover from hell so I didn't drink it, but I heard it was not good. Apparently DH has purchased it before and it froze in the freezer. I was drinking wine. Or trying to. The wine was so old that it tasted like vinegar. So I switched to beer and that seemed to be the best route.

I realize that both of these things were the choice of the bride and groom, but I think it's really important to offer mid-priced liquor. I would have drank Smirnoff. The food was no excuse. No food should have hair in it. Ever.

I was kind of disappointed because I've heard this place advertised on 955 and was excited to see what it was all about. The actual facility is nice. Nothing fancy. We asked if we could go into the clubhouse to order drinks and bring them back, they said no. Not sure if that's normal or not, but oh well. HTH
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No experiences on my end.  But from Corinne's story, EW.

Also, I would think twice about any place that has to advertise excessively (they are constantly promoted on 95.5).  Obviously prices are gonna be jacked up due to the massive amounts they must spend on advertising.  Also, most places that are worth their money can get business through referrals, word of mouth, etc.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know somoene that lives in the neighborhood and attended a wedding there a few years back.... while my experience wasn't as bad as Corinne's, I wouldn't recommend them.  I feel like you can get a much better bang for your buck elsewhere and actually provide quality food/alcohol for your guests

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW, I'm glad someone asked this question.  FI and I were considering them. I asked for their rates and they sent me their quote via email.  I had heard about their weddings starting under $6700 so I inquired about that, they just sent me a reply saying "Sundays Only".  I was kind of put off by their reply. They didn't even seem eager to talk to me or have me come tour the facilities or anything. It does look nice on the commercials and website though.
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For my first wedding I was considering them...i loved the outdoor ceremony spot..it's gorgeous..i thought the room didn't have anything special about it...i ended up going with White Lake Oaks which was amazing! Their room is beautiful!!!! The best food and booze!! It's pricey, but worth it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, Im glad I asked lol.  Thanks for al lthe really good comments : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards