Michigan-Detroit
Options

Before the ceremony first look

Is anyone here doing it? FI and I are considering it for a number of reasons.

1. it will be "us time" for probably the only time that day
2. it will give us more time for pictures since we are getting married in late Nov, and I want some outside shots, preferably not in the dark
3. We can split up family photos since his parents hate each other.

I'm not really supersticious or anything, so the old tradition doesn't really bug me. I'm just weighing the options.  What did/will you do at your wedding? Did you consider the alternative to it? And if you did, what swayed your decision?
Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Before the ceremony first look

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would like to see FI before the ceremony, but he doesn't. He wants to see me for the first time when I walk down the aisle. I think all of your points are vaild reasons to see each other before. Logistically, it works better. For us, I think we have decided that we will do as many pictures before the ceremony and the rest after. I saw a really cute picture of a bride and groom on either side of a door with them holding each others hands. I think we might do this because I can still talk to him and touch him, but I won't see him. Plus it's a great photo op!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have seen pictures like that too, and they are really beautiful! In fact, as I was typing this post I was thinking of that picture, lol.
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing it. I really want to be able to catch the end of our cocktail hour and since the ceremony is at the same location as the reception, we don't have much time for pictures after the ceremony. Plus it will give us a chance to exchange gifts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was in late November (the 21st) and we did all of our bridal party pictures before the wedding.  It was the only option (for us) if we wanted pictures outside because it gets dark by 4:30/5:00 in late November. 

I absolutely loved seeing Brian before the ceremony.  It gave us time to just be together and calm whatever nerves we had.  Plus, it was a fun way to get excited for the ceremony.  I truly believe seeing Bri before prevented me from being a basketcase during the ceremony.  Instead, I was all smiles and giddy w/ excitement!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think that its a good idea. A friend of mine did it and she had the photographer take pictures of it. The groom walked ahead of the bride and they took a shot like that and then they did one of him when he turned around and looked at her! very awsome moment to capture! =) hope this helps!!\

My Bio : Updated November 14 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think all your reasons to do it make perfect sense. If your FI isn't opposed, go for it!

We technically have no choice, because a big thing in the Catholic church is the B & G walking down the aisle together. They let you do it differently, but we decided to go with this because that way I don't have to pick someone to walk me down the aisle as my dad & grandpas are deceased.

I would have done it anyway, though, because I'm not superstitious and we want to get as many posed family pictures done as possible since we only have a 1/2 hour in the church after our ceremony. And we want to catch at least 1/2 of our cocktail hour to get some of the meet & greet over before dinner.

Most importantly, though, the main reason I wanted to do it is because I want that moment he first sees me to be just the two of us (well, and the photog)- not in front of everyone. I got so nervous at my shower and that wasn't even the big show! I just want that few minutes together before all the craziness starts to stop and breathe and giggle and get all the butterflies out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were going to do this but we realized with a 1 pm wedding we (I) didn't want to feel rushed getting ready to make time for the pics. We may still do a few, but probably not. Knowing us, we'll end up seeing eachother on accident or something.

I think its a really cute idea.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing it as well...for many of the reasons already posted :)
    -It will give us a chance to see each other & have some special moments just the 2 of us (well & our photographer lurking around)
    -Exchange our gifts
    -Calm our nerves!!
    -An extra 30-45 minutes of photos. Yay!

Honestly, I don't even think I'm going to mention it to my mom until the day of...haha. They're old fashioned & I can see her not agreeing with it :-P
    I think it will be the best option for us though.
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We probably will.  Neither one of us are superstitious, so we don't care.  Since we're getting married on a Friday and it's later in the evening than usual (ceremony at 6), I want to get the reception rolling ASAP after the ceremony.  The more pictures we get done beforehand, the better! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! I think we will do it. I was wavering a little bit but I think it's best. I will need that alone time with him before the "big moment"

taryn- we are getting married on 11/20. I hope we have 60 degree weather like you!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope you do too, Kellie!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards