Michigan-Detroit

Shower game prizes

Hi ladies... so if this question has been posted somewhere already sorry in advance but i couldn't seem to find anything on it.

So regarding shower game prizes... how much give away gifts do you normally buy? i have about 50 ppl at my shower... so do you buy enough so that at least everyone has a chance of getting something .... i dunno why am so confused this morning

tia ladies

Anniversary

TTC since March 2011
DX: MFI
Taking a break from being poked and prodded

Re: Shower game prizes

• edited December 2011
    I have been to both kinds, where everyone gets something and where only 10-15 people get something. It all depends on what your budget is and the games you play i think.

Alot of brides get lotions and stuff from Bath & Body works or Victoria's Secret when they have those big blow out sales so if you got something for everyone that would be a good idea.  Or just do like 5-10 door prize baskets. Those usually go over pretty well.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would say make sure everyone gets a little something (lotion, candle, candies) then do a few big prizes for games like bingo, traveling the longest distance, etc
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thxs for the help ladies

i was just at Michaels and happened to find a few bins that had spa type products in them... lotions, bath balls, therapy gloves, therapy socks, soothing cd music... stuff like that and they had them all in 4 colors along with matching gift bags, so i got four gift bags ready to go :). It's a start...

Anniversary

TTC since March 2011
    DX: MFI
    Taking a break from being poked and prodded
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like very nice gifts, i'm sure your guest will be thankful for them :) who doesn't like a homemade spa day!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning to have a little favor/prize sitting at everyone's place setting & also 5-7 bigger gift baskets that they can win for whatever games we end up playing.
    Also, I think we'll probably give away the centerpieces on each table (To the person who's birthday at each table is closest to mine, or To the woman at each table whose anniversary is closest to ours, etc...)
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • edited December 2011
    I know I'm late on this, but I'm doing pretty much what Beth ^ is doing -- a small favor for everyone (it will probably be fancy soaps, and they don't have to "win" anything to get it), and then a few larger prizes that people actually win.  The # will probably depend on how many games we end up playing, but I'm thinking about 3-5.  If we have flower centerpieces, giving those away is a great idea too.  And don't forget to put together a little something for your host(s)! 
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late too but oh well. I'm doing the same thing as the other girls. We're doing Bath and Body Works foaming hand soaps as favors (have been stocking up for a few months, when they're on sale and using coupons). Everyone will get one of those. Then, we'll have about 10 gift baskets of various items (movie night stuff, baking stuff, spa items, etc) that select people will get in addition to their favor. I HATE shower games so we will be giving the bigger gift baskets out by setting a timer while we're opening gifts and when the timer goes off, the person's gift that I am opening will get the gift basket. That way, no one has to "work" for anything :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards