Michigan-Detroit

Yikes!

I know we've all experienced some family-related wedding stress, but this is awful:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/mother-in-law-sends-worst-email-ever-to-bride-forgivable-2504517/
Basically, the FMIL sent an email to the bride a list of the bride's uncouth behaviors. I don't know that forwarding this email out to others (I'm sure the bride didn't intend for it to go viral) was the most mature response, but I can understand how it happened. I'd love to get the back story on this one!!
185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Yikes!

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it bad that I wish my MIL would have sent something like this to my SIL during their wedding planning process (or you know... tomorrow if she sees fit?)

SIL and I don't always see *eye to eye*
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But yeah, that's not a very nice thing.

Plus I think she's quite the hypocrite to point out her extremely rude behavior.  Wouldn't the high road be to not saying anything?  Or fix the behavior as it happens instead of keeping a running tally of all the sh*t she's done wrong?
  • missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just read this. I dont know what I would of done if I would of gotten that!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_yikes-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:0cf400b2-25bc-46cc-997b-03a0fd2ec803Post:af91eecc-fecf-4f48-ab93-5b8d3029c92a">Re: Yikes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just read this. I dont know what I would of done if I would of gotten that!
    Posted by missmelanie81[/QUOTE]

I would have forwarded it to all my friends and said look at my crazy FMIL. Unfortunately, when you marry someone, you marry their family too. Thankfully, I have great inlaws.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_yikes-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:0cf400b2-25bc-46cc-997b-03a0fd2ec803Post:4467092d-d568-4e76-821d-fc15e5a2f9a9">Re: Yikes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]But yeah, that's not a very nice thing. Plus I think she's quite the hypocrite to point out her extremely rude behavior. <strong> Wouldn't the high road be to not saying anything?  Or fix the behavior as it happens instead of keeping a running tally of all the sh*t she's done wrong?
    </strong>Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

agreed...
  • edited December 2011
    Wow.  Incredible.  Even if you think those things you don't say them, and you especially don't write them in an email.  That's just outrageous.  I hope her FI stands up for her, but maybe they are evenly matched since her father jumped in on this whole mess too!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow.. just wow...

i also find it funny that the MIL feels just because she writes as if SHE was royality, makes it any less offensive.

If i was the girl, i would make it my duty to be the WORST mannered person EVER while visiting!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards