Michigan-Detroit
Options

cocktail hour decor

Q: Cocktail hour Decor, any ideas at all? HELP I want to have some kind of flowers or candels!! TIA

Re: cocktail hour decor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A: Depends on what kind of feel you are going for. Stones are nice. I love Bonzai trees. Miniature fruit tress. Potted plants that people can take home afterwards. A pack of 100 tealights is super cheap at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. And then you can get cute little vessels to go with them at Pearl River Mart in SoHo. Short square vases are cute with maybe like 3 blooms in them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is your cocktail hour outside or inside?  Is it in a garden area?  Give us an idea on the surroundings and we can help from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of new here but I have ben reading a lot of the posts and ideas. For something simple: a nice clear bowl with flower heads floating on water. BTW, a nice touch is putting a few drops of food coloring into the water. You can use dif. size candles in the color of your palette and put it on a tray or mirror. Or you can get a candelabra (sp?) and push some flowers into the hole for the candle before pushing the candle into it. (something with a thin flower stem)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is inside. high ceiling area with a lot of windows. light cream colors on th ewalls I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the windows I was just at a wedding recently and the window sills needed something.... They used glittery pillar candles. I've seen something like them at Michael's. They were on square black plates. It looked great... I just wish I had a picture of it!
  • Options
    sweetypaelsweetypael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used white frosted glass tealight holders on most of the tables, and black frosted ones on the bar. Farmers daughter. Hey girl, I don't believe we are actually on the boards at the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK, perfect.  Makes a huge difference compared to outside! If it was me, I would want something with candles and brighter flowers, just to bring some color into it.  If there are a ton of windows, you may not see the candles.Will you have high top tables in the room, the taller bar tables?  If so, I would just do little centerpieces for those and call it a day. Sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas, that's all I have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    all we are doing is putting a small square vase with a white hydrangea on each cocktail table and having a table linen on each table.  we are staying pretty simple with the cocktail hour
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards