Michigan-Detroit
Options

How long to wait?

I selected a chair cover vendor and sent all the requested information to her on Monday.  I haven't heard back from her (she said she would email the contract after receiving the requested info).  I also sent her an email on Tuesday asking about having two different color sashes.  No response to that email either.  Should I contact her again?  I know she's probably crazy busy with weddings and I don't want to be a pest...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long to wait?

• Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would give it through the weekend. If she's busy with weddings, you won't hear anything today-Sunday I would assume. If you don't hear from her by the end of the day on Monday, I would definitely follow up with her. Possibly via telephone instead?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kim!  She has rave reviews on here so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about...but I'm a worrier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't be alarmed. I'm sure she's very busy with a million weddings this weekend. The linen company I booked took a while to get back to me, but that's because she was rediculously busy.
  • Options
    renate2162renate2162 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally feel that not answering an email after 24 hours is bad business and shows you don't care.  Seriously, how much time would it take for her to email you your contract and answer a question?  It takes 4, going on 5 days for this?  And chances are you won't receive an email because it is the weekend, so this could easily turn into a week.  I have a vendor who told me they would email me my contract and quote that same day and it was over a week--I should have contacted someone else because now it has been nothing but headaches.  The economy sucks and I want to give my business to someone who really shows appreciation for it, regardless of being wedding related or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Corinne, YGM. :)
  • Options
    eclipsethecateclipsethecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with renate. I hate when people dont at least email you back letting you know they received your email and are working on it. I dont buy that there are people, especially people in business, who dont check their email at least once a day. I think it is lazy.
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with renate and eclipse.  A vendor is supposed to value each customer.  If you were over a week late paying her, I bet you'd hear from her.  I'm making my own invitations and the company was taking forever to get back w/me after my email.  I told them that if I didn't have the info/a response to my emails in two days, I was going with someone else.  I had what I needed the next afternoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I 100% agree with Renate and Eclipse. One of my biggest pet peeves in wedding planning has been waiting for people to get back with me on stuff. It is very frustrating and I would NEVER be able to get away with it at my job so I don't know why it is any different if you are a vendor for a wedding. Sometimes things come up but communication is key. Good Luck!! :-)
    Trying for #1 since 5/2010
    12/2010-hysteroscopy done to remove uterine polyps
    6/2/11=BFP!!!!
    EDD 2/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards