Michigan-Detroit
Options

Recommend a mini-vacation

DH and I both have a week off in August.  We want to go somewhere for 3-4 days, preferably less than 8 hours driving time or a few hour flight.  The cheaper the better, and preferably staying in the US.We've recently done Chicago so that is out.  I was thinking flying to Las Vegas, but it would depend on the price of airfare/hotel.Any suggestions? Some of my thoughts were Boston, DC, Myrtle Beach, NYC....

Re: Recommend a mini-vacation

• Options
    cindaycinday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about San Francisco and/or the Napa Valley? You can do both, they are pretty close to each other. I think any of those you were thinking of would be fun too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about going to Tennessee? FI and I are taking a long weekend and going down to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. It is kind of a far drive (9hrs), but we'll make some fun out of it. There's house rentals that are dirt cheap. 6 of us are going and we're each paying around $60/person for 2 nights in this awesome house with a great mountain view.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Toronto/Niagara FallsGatlinburg Tennessee - they have really nice cabin rentals for great prices and the drive isn't too bad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    moeoscarmoeoscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Toronto, anywhere Up North, Boston is amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you guys are into hiking, rock climbing (you don't have to though), relaxing and gorgeous views then try Natural Bridge in KY.http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/resortparks/nb/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest Gatlinburg. FI and I went last October & we loved it!  It took us about 9 hours from downriver though. Also, how about Mackinac, Frankenmuth, Cleveland (RR hall of fame/football hall of fame), Charlevoix/Petoskey/Traverse City, Toronto/Niagara Falls, Cape Cod, perhaps Mammoth Cave (KY) or Outer Banks in NC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Susie_KissesSusie_Kisses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks every1. These are some great suggestions! :) 
  • Options
    fayeandbrianfayeandbrian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To save some money you could do a Michigan tour - visit the wineries on Mission Point and Leelanau peninsulas, sleeping bear dunes, Mackinaw Island, Pictured Rocks in the UP...there is so much to see in Michigan and we're lucky that it's close!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards