Michigan-Detroit
Options

/www.mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com/

Any one know any thing about them?

Re: /www.mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i would not recommend them AT ALL. when i met with janet, i thought i could trust her. once i received my dress, i realized i was wrong. someone responded to my post that was warning brides to stay away from this vendor...she said she had a good experience. i honestly can't believe it's a real person posting that. i feel like it must have been planted.  i have nothing to lose or gain by posting this. i'm stuck with a dress that falls way short of the dream dress i was promised. don't let it happen to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally disagree with Bee.  I would highly recommend them and found them because of other knotties posting here.  It was actually an Omaha knottie that is a photographer named Amy Cloud, she coudn't say enough about this company.  Janet designed a gown just for me from sketch to finish.  She did most of it over the phone and then I actually went to the store.  Her store is Leontinagowns.com and it is located in Michigan.  The gown fits me like a glove and you couldn't take it from me if you gave me thousands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF - This is ridiculous.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wwwmybigfatbeautifulweddingcom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:10340585Post:14aa21c0-a74b-472f-acbe-35c2c151a302">Re: /www.mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com/</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF - This is ridiculous.
    Posted by Booger+Bear[/QUOTE]

Ditto -- went to TK to look up her other recent posts.  It seems she has rehashed several month old threads to talk about how wonderful this vendor is.  It must be a slow day in the knock-off bridal design world and she decided to do some message board searches to stir up some business.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I must disagree with you, Beth. I also met with Janet, and drove from PA to do so. Not only was she incredibly friendly, kind, and compassionate, but her work is gorgeous. I received my dress two weeks ago and couldn't be more pleased with it. It is everything I had hoped for. Janet has been in communication with me throughout the process about shipping and various confirmations. In no way is her business a scam and I will recommend her dresses to anyone. She is an incredible person and goes above and beyond to accomodate customers - I spent well over four hours in her shop and it was pretty late. Her friendliness never faltered. I am so pleased with my dress (the Chandler) that I am glad to give mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com outstanding reviews. Spano, buying my dress from mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com was the best decision I made in my wedding planning process. I wouldn't rule it out. Check it out for yourself. Contact Janet. She's wonderful to work with.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wwwmybigfatbeautifulweddingcom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:10340585Post:374805a9-5cbb-4d70-a039-a5aed983e217">Re: /www.mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com/</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I must disagree with you, Beth. I also met with Janet, and drove from PA to do so. Not only was she incredibly friendly, kind, and compassionate, but her work is gorgeous. I received my dress two weeks ago and couldn't be more pleased with it. It is everything I had hoped for. Janet has been in communication with me throughout the process about shipping and various confirmations. In no way is her business a scam and I will recommend her dresses to anyone. She is an incredible person and goes above and beyond to accomodate customers - I spent well over four hours in her shop and it was pretty late. Her friendliness never faltered. I am so pleased with my dress (the Chandler) that I am glad to give mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com outstanding reviews. Spano, buying my dress from mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com was the best decision I made in my wedding planning process. I wouldn't rule it out. Check it out for yourself. Contact Janet. She's wonderful to work with.
    Posted by HeatherLea85[/QUOTE]

Hey Heather, welcome to the boards.  Tell us about yourself.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well Julie, I can assure you that I'm in no way affiliated with mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com except that I bought my dress from there and I love it. The thing is, mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com is a Godsend for brides on a budget. The dresses are gorgeous and the prices are shockingly low. Janet is a very kind person and is trying to run a small business, which is really hard to do in this economy. When I first started looking for a wedding dress, I was a bit discouraged by the lack of information and reviews for mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com. I decided to brave it out and make an appointment. I took a roadtrip with my fiance's sister and we figured if it wasn't what we expected, we'd at least have the trip to remember. We drove six hours to get there, and it was worth every bit of it. With most of my planning out of the way - my wedding is on October 23rd - I have a bit of leisure time to browse the internet. I was so overwhelmingly pleased with mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com that I want to encourage people to buy their dresses through them. Not everyone has the means or time to take a trip (thankfully, mine was only six hours) and that can really be a deal breaker, especially if you don't know anything about the company. I logged onto the Knot, which I have mostly stopped using (I don't like it as well as mywedding.com where I keep an updated site. Blasphemy, I know) and searched to see if there were any new reviews since I scheduled my appointment with Janet (I scheduled near the end of January and my appointment was in the beginning of March). I was really startled by the numerous negative postings by one, Beth, who seemed to have spouted ridiculous hate all over the message boards about this really great little business. I just feel like it's the very least I could do in return for Janet's immense kindness to share a positive experience of mybigfatbeautifulwedding.com because they really are wonderful and I am so glad I didn't go anywhere else for my perfect dress.

Furthermore, there is absolutely nothing wrong with adding onto old threads, especially when the only comments you find are negative and posted by the same person. I'm glad to see that Janet's business is growing and she has other customers who are just as pleased with her work as I am.

Now, I suppose, I must prove that I am a real person. I am. As you can see, my name is Heather. My fiance is Rob and we met in college six years ago. We were friends for three years before we started dating. About a year ago we relocated to Pittsburgh from West Virginia to be near his family. I work full time as a logistics coordinator. I drive an hour each way to work, so I don't have much free time, but I'm very fortunate to have had an easy time planning my wedding on a very small budget. We decided on a church (his) and the reception hall first. My dress was the next Big Thing, and I can assure you it does not look like a cheap knockoff. It's an absolute dream (and the price even more so!) and I can't wait for Rob to see me in it.

I see that you're getting married in September and have posted a lot. Do you find the advice on the various boards helpful in your planning process?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards