Michigan-Detroit

NWR "rant"

Not really a rant, just needed to complain.  FI and I are combining our car insurance and so I called on 7/24 to cancel my policy.  I told the agent I wanted it cancelled effective 8/1 when our new policy would take effect.  Yesterday I got a letter and check in the mail for $19 explaining that I had over paid by that amount since they cancelled my policy effective 7/24.  So I have been driving around for a week with no insurance.  Nice! 

Re: NWR "rant"

• sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I feel your pain. I had that happen to me once also. I cancelled my homeowners, and the company cancelled both of my policies by mistake. I was not a happy camper!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsAmannMrsAmann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the opposite problem right now - I switched to FI's insurance effective 7/1 and I waited til that date to call and cancel with my ins. Well I just got billed at the end of this month for my old insurance AGAIN. I called and they said it would be 4 - 6 weeks before they could get me a check and give me MY MONEY back. :-P Ridiculous.
  • whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a bunch of clowns. ugh! At least they sent you some money back...
    imageimage
  • eclipsethecateclipsethecat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah car insurance companies suck. LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my.  Yeah mine sent me a letter telling me that I was uninsured and needed to call them ASAP.  FUnny though, as I was sending those checks in regularly (and now they automatically come out of my account the 5th of each month).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards