Michigan-Detroit
Options

NWR: Anyone want a Dog?

No, not mine....A good friend of ours is trying to find a good home for their 4 year old Miniature Pincher. The dog is not adjusting well to the baby and obviously the dog has to go since the baby can't. hahahaOrdoes anyone know what they can/should do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR: Anyone want a Dog?

• Options
    beersnobbeersnob member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally would love a min pin I have always wanted one, BUT I can't sad to say!
  • Options
    jessimaphonejessimaphone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have your friends take their dog to training. There are places that will help train them and the dog to adjust to life with baby. Older siblings don't always adjust well to babies - parents can't give them up, so there isn't any reason that a dog has to be given up when there are tools at their disposal to make adjustment possible. Please don't let them give the dog up to the pound/Humane Society! Breaks my heart.
  • Options
    ksunquestksunquest member
    edited December 2011
    I think they have had a trainer come to their house for the past couple of weeks, so I am guessing it is not helping!?!? I don't think they will give it to the pound or Human Society, but I will let them know not to go that route!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is a list of local rescues, some are focused on small dog breeds: http://www.petfinder.com/awo/index.cgi?action=state&state=MI&city=&keyword=I recommend she starts contacting these to see who has space to take the dog in.I will advise against posting on Craigs List.  Adoption groups do a full screening and application process, so the dog gets placed in the best home they can find.HTH!
  • Options
    gmangel12gmangel12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How old is the baby? Just because the dog has not adjusted yet does not mean he is still not going too. It can take lots of time and as far as a trainer some are great and some are ok. I know some amazing ones. What exactly is the dog doing? Are the showing the dog enough attention and enough alone time so he knows he is still loved? Lots of things to look at tell your friend if she wants to email me at gmangel12 at yahoo she can. I also know a lot of non kill shelters if it comes to that. Gina
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The baby is over a year old. I am not sure what exactly the dog is doing, but I will find out! Thanks to all for your help and if you know anyone that would want the dog, please let me know!!!
  • Options
    emmym18emmym18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katie,Is the dog a boy/girl?  Free to good home or looking for someone to buy?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looking for good home and it's a girl - Cashmere is her name.
  • Options
    emmym18emmym18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is she spayed?  What color is she? Can you send me a pic?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    emmym - email me... ksunquest@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards